Old School Fishing

Anything and everything related to fishing tackle. If you cannot find the sub-category for your topic, go ahead and post it in here!
goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Old School Fishing

Post by goldrod » Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:56 pm

I was watching an old school BASS event on YouTube before power poles and one when Rick Morris was the only one with a chatterbait out on the water.
My how far we’ve come in such a short time. I see the black and white single units unlike today’s enormous double flat screens on both the bow and driver console. Sadly I realized that I have several units on my rod rack as I suppose we are spending the equivalent of a good depth finder on a rod or reel or both.
Even the way they held the rod was different than what I see today. I like looking at these shows. One thing I have picked up recently that I thought was new that wasn’t was NOT pegging your sinker on your Flippin stick. I guy I ran into got me started and I don’t get hung up as much. Seems like they already knew that long time ago. Even when punching I see one guy who intentionally did not peg his weight.

It’s funny the little tips you can get from the old tapes. Like I need to throw the spinner bait a heck of a lot more than I have been. Rick Clunn’s 10.10 bass was crazy but when he came here in Florida, he and Mark Menendez done a lot of damage with the old s/b.
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

Cristo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Old School Fishing

Post by Cristo » Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:30 pm

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Old School Fishing

Post by Hogsticker2 » Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:43 pm

New dog, old tricks :-k