Switching Combos

Anything and everything related to fishing tackle. If you cannot find the sub-category for your topic, go ahead and post it in here!
goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Switching Combos

Post by goldrod » Sat Dec 21, 2019 4:58 pm

Is it just me, when I get a new reel or rod I generally have an idea what I want to pair it with but
once it comes in I change things around a bit.
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

slipperybob
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Switching Combos

Post by slipperybob » Mon Dec 23, 2019 7:01 pm

Yes, cuz when it's all together, it may actually feel better a certain way. And lines too...
slip bobbing is the laziest way to fish

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Mon Dec 23, 2019 7:12 pm

My rods and reels get swapped around all the time. I even change drag stars and handles to make the reel match the rod better. :whistle: Just did this very thing between 5 rods and reels yesterday.
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

Obz
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Obz » Mon Dec 23, 2019 11:04 pm

Def. Sometimes it takes fishing the gear a bit to find strengths and how it fits your style of fishing. Generally when buying combos I try to match megabass with daiwa reels or loomis with shimano, it ends up out the window for the most part. ](*,)

DavidSA
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by DavidSA » Tue Dec 24, 2019 4:49 am

honestly, I used to fish KY a great deal and Florida quite a bit and I changed everything around for Florida to get the best and perfect reels on the right long/powerful rod. Seems strange to say, but when I'd get home it was stressful to get everything perfect again for KY fishing. I had to go to documenting what I changed in order to get it all back together.

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Tue Dec 24, 2019 5:13 am

I think its all part of the fun. Like a lot of you guys, I have quite a few nice rods and reels. I really enjoy switching them out, changing up line, trying to find those ideal pairings. Sometimes that does involve changing out handles, knobs, and spools too :lol:
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

LgMouthGambler
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LgMouthGambler » Tue Dec 24, 2019 5:43 am

I have an assortment of rods and reels, but usually only take 5 or 6 with me at a time when I go out. I have a few rigs that are "specialized", otherwise I grab a reel and pick a rod to pair it with depending on what my fishing is gonna be like that day.
<")))><{

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Tue Dec 24, 2019 4:30 pm

LgMouthGambler wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 5:43 am
I have an assortment of rods and reels, but usually only take 5 or 6 with me at a time when I go out. I have a few rigs that are "specialized", otherwise I grab a reel and pick a rod to pair it with depending on what my fishing is gonna be like that day.

I wish I was as disciplined
I paired a TDZ Type R with a poison Adrena rod and a G1 spool
To see how and if I’d like it. That one change had a cascading effect and I ended up with the Antares Hg on my 894 and weee doggie sure glad I did.
I played musical chairs with reels and the wife just said,
“ I come and sit and watch tv while you PLAY with your fishing stuff”. 😂
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible