Sometimes what your looking for, you already have

Anything and everything related to fishing tackle. If you cannot find the sub-category for your topic, go ahead and post it in here!
goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Sometimes what your looking for, you already have

Post by goldrod » Thu Dec 26, 2019 7:24 pm

On a whim I paired this pxtr with a finesse special spool
with an edge 704 rod 3/16-1/2oz and Xplasma 16lb line (braid)
And took it out to pond hop. It is by far everything that I had been in search of for light t rigs. I’m still learning it’s limits but so far I like it.

Additionally I toyed around with this TDZ R+ poison Adrena 6’11”
Combo. I thought the rod a waste of money should I use it for cranking
IMHO it shines with plastics and thus I went in the fluke route. I caught several fish and the combo is light and comfortable but strong.
I didn’t like it for jerkbaits but weightless flukes it yielded a crappie.
I could feel the bite at the end of the cast and it just seemed like what I was
looking for I already had around here.
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

CheezusCrust
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Sometimes what your looking for, you already have

Post by CheezusCrust » Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:19 am

Im really disapointed with the performance of my pixy spr.I wish i hadnt bought it.

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Tue Feb 18, 2020 4:37 pm

I have had this cork crucial rod for a while and a 50e reel that I bumped up in gear ratio. I had been looking for a Yumeya spool but forgot about it. A buddy of mine wanted to learn howto cast a bait caster. Well he did well initially and started to get distance and even more distance with cast after cast. When he go too comfortable he bird nested to the point I had to break out the scissors. What did I find but a Yumeya spool 😂 and I spooled it with 8lb test and it’s been a serious jb setup.
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

Gone Phishin
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Gone Phishin » Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:59 pm

goldrod wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 4:37 pm
I have had this cork crucial rod for a while and a 50e reel that I bumped up in gear ratio. I had been looking for a Yumeya spool but forgot about it. A buddy of mine wanted to learn howto cast a bait caster. Well he did well initially and started to get distance and even more distance with cast after cast. When he go too comfortable he bird nested to the point I had to break out the scissors. What did I find but a Yumeya spool 😂 and I spooled it with 8lb test and it’s been a serious jb setup.
Dude, that's hilarious. You must have spools hidden around your house like easter eggs. :lol:

KP Duty
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by KP Duty » Mon Mar 02, 2020 3:04 pm

Those weibie reel sets like small reels. I have a 13 concept reel w/KP spool on my 704. Love that rods' taper.

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Tue Mar 03, 2020 6:20 am

Gone Phishin wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:59 pm
goldrod wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 4:37 pm
Dude, that's hilarious. You must have spools hidden around your house like easter eggs. :lol:
😆
Underneath my living room table is a box of spools
I think I’m over it unless I can find one particular G1 PE Spool

Von
Angler
Angler

Post by Von » Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:43 am

Over the winter and a lot reading. I was looking for an Ito spool to put in a TDZ. While cleaning up some stuff, happen to look through my reel boxes. And, what do you know, my past self had bought my future self an Ito spool! Plus some extra goodies. :doh:
Love the smell of Powerbait in the morning.