OTY 2019

Anything and everything related to fishing tackle. If you cannot find the sub-category for your topic, go ahead and post it in here!
goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

OTY 2019

Post by goldrod » Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:48 am

The editors of TT.com often list the enthusiast and NON enthusiast lure, rod ,reel etc of the year.
So what was yours of the same categories of the year 2019?
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

fishes
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: OTY 2019

Post by fishes » Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:31 pm

I have to think a little more about this but one stand out product from 2019 for me is the ct spool. Ive heard mixed reviews of it but my alphas sv has wowed me as a sort of general finesse (but above bait finesse) reel.

edwelch1
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: OTY 2019

Post by edwelch1 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:36 am

Only product that was new this year, not just new to me, was Daiwa J-Fluoro. Being fluorocarbon leader material, I suppose it could kind of be considered an enthusiast product, but due to its price per yard, it's pretty much the best bang for your buck in terms of dedicated fluoro leader line. Previously Seaguar Blue Label was my choice, but J-Fluoro performs on par with it in my experience so far, and you get so much more for your money. 17 cents/yard vs 50 cents/yard? Plus a better line keeper with the included elastic band? No-brainer in my book. Once I run out of my stock of Blue Label I won't be buying it again as long as J-fluoro is made.
www.blindjumperoutdoors.com