Coronavirus "Covid-19"

Anything and everything related to fishing tackle. If you cannot find the sub-category for your topic, go ahead and post it in here!
BRONZEBACK32
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Coronavirus "Covid-19"

Post by BRONZEBACK32 » Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:53 pm

Well, its not getting any better out there is it...

:-#

Slazmo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Slazmo » Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:42 am

Sure as hell isn't.

We've had another 2 cases here in South East Queensland. A beauty technician that came back from Iran, spent a few days with customers at Australia Fair shopping centre (just down the road) so who knows how many that infected and now those who've had other further contact...

And now an Asian student who "self isolated" himself while in the UAE and boarded a flight for Brisbane (50kms North)... Got here and viola had a whole bunch of contact (airports, airline, friends and god knows who else) before feeling sick and being confirmed as a carrier...

All I know is I've started putting food together and put the ole prepper hat on just in case, if the Australian government put us into mandatory 2 week isolation...

To think 2 weeks at home without going fishing...

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Tue Mar 03, 2020 9:23 am

jvelth74 wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:05 am
We are lucky in Finland because local post is that slow that all Corona's are dead when they arrive to destination :-)
Is

:lol:
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

BRONZEBACK32
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by BRONZEBACK32 » Tue Mar 03, 2020 10:21 pm

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Wed Mar 04, 2020 4:28 am

2 confirmed cases here in Atlanta GA. A man who just came home from Italy, and his son caught it after the man came home. CDC has quarantined them, but how many others were exposed when he flew back into Hartfield-Jackson Airport, one of the busiest airports in the world?
They are now saying that the virus can survive on hard surfaces like glass and plastic for up to 9 days.
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

BRONZEBACK32
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by BRONZEBACK32 » Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:55 pm

hoohoorjoo wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 4:28 am
They are now saying that the virus can survive on hard surfaces like glass and plastic for up to 9 days.
Sounds like eventually we will all get this virus :sick:

Houndfish
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Houndfish » Sat Mar 07, 2020 12:51 pm

I work in the events/trade show industry and have had about 7 weeks of work canceled so far. March/April went from 80% full to completely blank on my calendar. It’s not going to kill me but it’s gonna suck.

Plus side is that for the first time in 3 yeas I have the free time to get some pre-spawn fishing in!

Slazmo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Slazmo » Wed Mar 18, 2020 1:33 am

Well we're boned...

Australia about to close its borders level 4 restrictions...

Stay safe everyone.

BRONZEBACK32
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by BRONZEBACK32 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 4:08 pm

Last night I decided to call into work for today, thought I would get a good nights sleep, well instead around
7:15am we got hit with a earthquake, nothing like waking up to you house shaking 8-[

Hobie-Wan Kenobi
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hobie-Wan Kenobi » Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:47 pm

Everyone stay safe out there.
IG @hobie_wan_kenobi_fishing

freelancer27
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by freelancer27 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:56 pm

As a German living in the US (SF Bay Area), I am worried that the severity of the situation has not fully yet been appreciated by the population and the federal government.

I really pray that we will not get Italy-like circumstances here, but unfortunately in most parts of the country the health care system is on a similar (bad) level as in Italy.

Stay safe and stay calm. We can only get through this well together!

ogrich31
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by ogrich31 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:26 pm

freelancer27 wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:56 pm
As a German living in the US (SF Bay Area), I am worried that the severity of the situation has not fully yet been appreciated by the population and the federal government.
+1 on the general population not understanding the severity that this can bring. I'm not too sure about our government though, I'm sure they understand the situation that we're in. We have to get this contained before the next flu season hits, in October. There also won't be a vaccine until early 2021.

In 1956, there was a drug produced to help with sleep, but it also helped relieved a lot of the symptoms that come with pregnancy. Unfortunately, they didn't cover all their bases with the animal testing, particularly for people who are pregnant. Babies were being born without limbs or born with deformed limbs. After that happened, stricter laws were placed. It takes about 1-1.5 years for a vaccine to be produced. So the coronavirus will still be there by flu season. Right now, we have to get it contained.

This virus will probably not kill you if you're healthy, but it will destroy our health care industry if we don't contain it. We only have about 100k ICU beds in the US. If the projections are right and we slow the spread of the virus (best case scenario), we'll have about 50 million people infected (20% of the US adult population). At worse, it'll be about 50-60% of the population that will get infected. We won't have enough beds and doctors will have to choose who lives and dies, kind of like how it is in Italy right now.

There's a lot more to be said, but that's enough ranting today.

Johnny A
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Johnny A » Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:07 pm

ogrich31 wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:26 pm
freelancer27 wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:56 pm
+1 on the general population not understanding the severity that this can bring. I'm not too sure about our government though, I'm sure they understand the situation that we're in. We have to get this contained before the next flu season hits, in October. There also won't be a vaccine until early 2021.

In 1956, there was a drug produced to help with sleep, but it also helped relieved a lot of the symptoms that come with pregnancy. Unfortunately, they didn't cover all their bases with the animal testing, particularly for people who are pregnant. Babies were being born without limbs or born with deformed limbs. After that happened, stricter laws were placed. It takes about 1-1.5 years for a vaccine to be produced. So the coronavirus will still be there by flu season. Right now, we have to get it contained.

This virus will probably not kill you if you're healthy, but it will destroy our health care industry if we don't contain it. We only have about 100k ICU beds in the US. If the projections are right and we slow the spread of the virus (best case scenario), we'll have about 50 million people infected (20% of the US adult population). At worse, it'll be about 50-60% of the population that will get infected. We won't have enough beds and doctors will have to choose who lives and dies, kind of like how it is in Italy right now.

There's a lot more to be said, but that's enough ranting today.
I was thinking about that very same drug over the past few days also because of the very same problem, instant results.

BRONZEBACK32
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by BRONZEBACK32 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:20 pm

Well, I finally lost it ...Was just in Walgreens.. Saw a man whose cart was FULL to the brim with hand sanitizers, baby wipes, soaps, toilet paper, everything that people need!! I called him a selfish *******, and gave him the low down about the elderly, moms, and people who need these types of things. Told him he should be ashamed of himself! He said: “Are you done?!! Cause I really need to get back to restocking the shelves now...”

A little humor to help the mood.

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Fri Mar 20, 2020 6:20 pm

BRONZEBACK32 wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:20 pm
Well, I finally lost it ...Was just in Walgreens.. Saw a man whose cart was FULL to the brim with hand sanitizers, baby wipes, soaps, toilet paper, everything that people need!! I called him a selfish *******, and gave him the low down about the elderly, moms, and people who need these types of things. Told him he should be ashamed of himself! He said: “Are you done?!! Cause I really need to get back to restocking the shelves now...”

A little humor to help the mood.

Much needed
Thanks man. I love comedy.
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible