Coronavirus "Covid-19"

Anything and everything related to fishing tackle. If you cannot find the sub-category for your topic, go ahead and post it in here!
mark poulson
TT Pro Angler
TT Pro Angler

Re: Coronavirus "Covid-19"

Post by mark poulson » Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:52 am

Polkfish1 wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:40 pm
Aquaftm45 wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:29 pm
Yeah..Let's keep the politics out of it. Go to Politico or Breitbart and express yourself. (although I must say this is a more cognisant conversation than thier comment section) I already think lessor of people now and I only wanted that to be based on their bad opinion pertaining to tackle. I even had a bad thought and wanted Polkfish's Drank Crazy Gargoyle to snap on the next cast. I never should have had that thought. :lol:
Ha! My bad for bringing it up. I suppose my blood got a little boiled this morning when I read some people might not be thinking it’s serious. A family member is a nurse and she has it and she’s in a bad way. This is not the flu. No worries Aqua! 😀 As a fisherman with my political leanings in Polk Co, FL, believe me, my fishing buddies supply a relentless ribbing. It’s usually all in good fun on the water and ends as soon as the fish start biting.
I'm sure I speak for everyone here when I say please thank your nurse family member for putting her own health on the line for the rest of us. Those folks are true heros in this crisis. =D> =D> =D>

Aquaftm45
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Aquaftm45 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:11 pm

Polkfish1 wrote:
Aquaftm45 wrote:
Yeah..Let's keep the politics out of it. Go to Politico or Breitbart and express yourself. (although I must say this is a more cognisant conversation than thier comment section) I already think lessor of people now and I only wanted that to be based on their bad opinion pertaining to tackle. I even had a bad thought and wanted Polkfish's Drank Crazy Gargoyle to snap on the next cast. I never should have had that thought. :lol:
Ha! My bad for bringing it up. I suppose my blood got a little boiled this morning when I read some people might not be thinking it’s serious. A family member is a nurse and she has it and she’s in a bad way. This is not the flu. No worries Aqua! 😀 As a fisherman with my political leanings in Polk Co, FL, believe me, my fishing buddies supply a relentless ribbing. It’s usually all in good fun on the water and ends as soon as the fish start biting.
Note I didn't have any bad wishes for your Oltre or RD's, so we are good!

Polkfish1
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Polkfish1 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:32 pm

mark poulson wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:52 am
Polkfish1 wrote:
Aquaftm45 wrote:
I'm sure I speak for everyone here when I say please thank your nurse family member for putting her own health on the line for the rest of us. Those folks are true heros in this crisis. =D> =D> =D>
Thanks. She was in the middle of that whole situation in Detroit area. Her husband happens to be a retired fire chief that does EMT training now, so she’s in good hands. She’s out of the hospital for now. Here’s a funny thing to perhaps lighten the mood of my previous unwarranted foray into politics. She (cousin) and her husband for that matter are some of the biggest Trump supporters I know :big grin:

mark poulson
TT Pro Angler
TT Pro Angler

Post by mark poulson » Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:29 pm

Polkfish1 wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:32 pm
mark poulson wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:52 am
Polkfish1 wrote:
Aquaftm45 wrote:
Thanks. She was in the middle of that whole situation in Detroit area. Her husband happens to be a retired fire chief that does EMT training now, so she’s in good hands. She’s out of the hospital for now. Here’s a funny thing to perhaps lighten the mood of my previous unwarranted foray into politics. She (cousin) and her husband for that matter are some of the biggest Trump supporters I know :big grin:
No matter who they support, I'm grateful to her, and glad to hear she's okay and on the mend.

Johnny A
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Johnny A » Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:32 am

Finally some good news! South Carolina is opening public boat ramps for FISHING! Hope to hit the water soon.

Jamess76
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by Jamess76 » Sat May 02, 2020 2:48 am

Hogsticker2 wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 2:15 pm
Crap. I just received a pair of Chi-Fi in ear monitors. I didn't even think about it, even though I'm well aware. Dang it ](*,). Opened up that package and stuck em right in my ears. Hopefully the virus can't survive that long trip.
You'll be fine mate no worries,I'm from Scotland and the virus is going mental here at the minute,think it's around 29,000 dead now seriously bad,and so many people just walking up and down as if there on the beech for a stroll. We wear a face covering and gloves in the shopping precinct as the guy says you get a lot of the virus on the bar of the shopping trolley though the give you a spray bottle to disinfect it and wipe the handle,also our bin collection guy told us to wear gloves taking out the trash bin as he touches over 2,500 bins a day! But as one of the boys before said any virus from China would be long dead before it gets to us so yeah I think we are ok, personally I'm not buying anything else from China for now if ever again. Cheers buddy.

Drakestar
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Drakestar » Sat May 02, 2020 3:22 pm

Overall, I feel like the coronavirus discussion on this board has been very measured and respectful, especially compared to another bass fishing message board I frequent which descended into drum-banging, conspiracy theories and very politically partisan territory. Probably because TT is more diverse and international? Certainly much appreciated; stressful times bring out a lot of passion in everybody, and a community that stays respectful in those times and is open to everybody's POV is a good community in my book.

mark poulson
TT Pro Angler
TT Pro Angler

Post by mark poulson » Sat May 02, 2020 7:32 pm

Drakestar wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 3:22 pm
Overall, I feel like the coronavirus discussion on this board has been very measured and respectful, especially compared to another bass fishing message board I frequent which descended into drum-banging, conspiracy theories and very politically partisan territory. Probably because TT is more diverse and international? Certainly much appreciated; stressful times bring out a lot of passion in everybody, and a community that stays respectful in those times and is open to everybody's POV is a good community in my book.
Totally agree!! =D> =D> =D>