Happy

Anything and everything related to fishing tackle. If you cannot find the sub-category for your topic, go ahead and post it in here!
Jeffbro999
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Happy

Post by Jeffbro999 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:58 am

Anyone else happy with where they are at with their tackle? Seems like everyone is out there chasing the holy grail of rods, reels, lures, line etc., do we ever find it? Nothing at all wrong with that, definitely enjoyed my time testing things out to see what fits my style, but is it ever good enough?

I was just thinking about this the other day when looking at my setups and thought, I really don’t need anything else at this point(it is hard to say that :lol: ). Rods and reels are perfect, line/knots never break, lures catch fish, hooks don’t lose fish...yet we are always looking for more.

BigG
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Happy

Post by BigG » Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:39 am

I'm as close as I have ever been. Sold off a lot of stuff, added a few things. I think I just need one more combo. :lol:

Jeffbro999
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Jeffbro999 » Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:34 am

BigG wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:39 am
I'm as close as I have ever been. Sold off a lot of stuff, added a few things. I think I just need one more combo. :lol:
Always room for one more! :lol: That’s great though, being dialed in with your equipment is a good thing

Drakestar
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Drakestar » Sat Apr 11, 2020 12:56 pm

I'm generally very happy when I'm out fishing because the lineup I have right now is super fun. For example I've been t-rigging with a 843GLX MBR and simple Curado 70 a ton lately. It's just awesome to make those bomber casts along tule beds, feeling a light pickup 60+ feet out and sticking the fish. I have a similar feeling for all other rods/techniques that I use frequently.

It's when I'm back and browsing forums like this one that... well, I'm still happy, but I also want more, more MOAR :) Been thinking about upgrading that very 843 GLX, for example, and I've been wondering whether I want to go to a 843 Conquest or consider a custom Z-Bone. Not anywhere close to actually making that decision (and I'll probably post a request for recommendations then), but it's a good example of how it feels: "I have a super high-end rod for this, it's tons of fun when I'm out fishing, and I don't *need* anything really. But I still *want* more, because maybe I can max out that experience just a tiny bit more!" (Same reason I picked up an Xtasy 754 in the recent sale, want to see how that one works in the same t-rig situations but using the extra power to go straight through the vegetation.)

I figure a lot of people are in that same boat: they have a lineup they love and that's better than what 95% of the bass fishing population would ever want (or need), but there's always that one more change they could (but don't need to) make. Only area where I don't feel like that is dropshotting: got a NRX 822 DSR with a reel that I love - hard to go anywhere from there. But I'm sure something will come along! :lol:

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:57 pm

I am happy with what I have now, but a job loss has already warranted selling a couple reels, and will likely require another 2 or 3 to be put on the chopping block in the near future, along with some rods that aren't being used. :doh:
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

Slazmo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Slazmo » Sat Apr 11, 2020 2:47 pm

Being content / contentment and happy are two different things.

Be happy with what you've got, be content with what you've achieved, people strive for different things.

And for God sakes live in the moment with your fishing experience (or lack thereof at the present) whatever or however large or small it's rewards...

Johnny A
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Johnny A » Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:55 am

I was happy until I relocated. Learning to fish is fun in a lot of ways but it’s expensive as all get out! Especially if the waters are so different from the previous fishin’ hole!

jerkbait22
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by jerkbait22 » Tue Apr 14, 2020 3:29 am

3 years ago my most expensive rod was a St. Croix Avid. I purchased a Destroyer FMJ that year and I've made a few upgrades since then. I now own a 6'11 Poison Adrena, 842S Conquest and recently purchased a Destroyer Javelin this spring to add to the Megabass lineup. Those Megabass rods are sweet and so is the Adrena (I've been pondering adding another adrena to my lineup).

I heard a rumor that Evergreen will be bringing some of the higher end rods stateside this year (iCast?). Excited to see what happens there and may have to grab one or two.

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Tue Apr 14, 2020 3:40 am

Slazmo wrote:
Sat Apr 11, 2020 2:47 pm
Being content / contentment and happy are two different things.

Be happy with what you've got, be content with what you've achieved, people strive for different things.

And for God sakes live in the moment with your fishing experience (or lack thereof at the present) whatever or however large or small it's rewards...
A fellow TT'er and I have spoken on several occasions about the same topic. Im headed to a more simpler set up and brought me a b and M crappie buster rod for the wife and I. its time to do the hard stuff and let go.. none of it really matters in the end.

Ive filtered through my things and will have a huge let go party. Getting the pictures the right size is the hardest part of selling.
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

Slazmo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Slazmo » Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:22 pm

That's it...

Not everyone can do it, but it's a lifestyle of absorbing what your doing not trying to immerse yourself into everything and trying to nut it all out in a specified time frame - in which frustration and exhaustion results.

Aquaftm45
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Aquaftm45 » Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:46 pm

Slazmo wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:22 pm
That's it...
"trying to nut it all out in a specified time frame-in which frustration and exhaustion results."
hmm...story of my life