Costa Harpoons

Anything and everything related to fishing tackle. If you cannot find the sub-category for your topic, go ahead and post it in here!
Greg64
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Costa Harpoons

Post by Greg64 » Sat Aug 08, 2020 2:00 pm

Does anyone wear the Costa Harpoons? Are they the larger version of the Fathoms? I have two pairs of Fathoms; and, I've experienced fogging problems with them. I think they may be too small for my face; so, I thought of moving up in size.

Also, are there any premium American made (yes, made and manufactured in the U. S.) sunglasses suitable for fishing, particularly, sight fishing?

doomtrprz71
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Costa Harpoons

Post by doomtrprz71 » Sat Aug 08, 2020 3:02 pm

I don't have costa harpoons, but as far as US made sunglasses go Solar bat sunglasses are US made and the Mossback gradient is a great lens for sight fishing that they offer. My issue with them is my fat head tends to break the frame over the nosebridge. I prefer now to use Oakley's instead, they offer a deep and shallow water prizm lens but I actually prefer the maritime lens that is issued to the coast guard. My turbine rotors with the maritime lens are made here, some oakley frames are not.

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Costa Harpoons

Post by Hogsticker2 » Sun Aug 09, 2020 2:35 pm

The next step up size wise would be the Jose and the Fantail. I use the Fantail and love them. I have a slightly below average sized face. If you like the style of your current shades, the Harpoon is a larger size. Have you looked over the Costa sizing charts? They also have some very useful videos on YouTube.