Football Jig rod vs. C-Rig Rod

Anything and everything related to fishing tackle. If you cannot find the sub-category for your topic, go ahead and post it in here!
goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Football Jig rod vs. C-Rig Rod

Post by goldrod » Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:26 am

Would you consider these to be one in the same rod or not?
Why?

I think in a general sense you’ll use 15-16lb floro for a FOotball jig and that would ideally be the same thing for your main line average c-rig set up.
Just a thought and wanted to canvass the group
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Re: Football Jig rod vs. C-Rig Rod

Post by hoohoorjoo » Mon Sep 07, 2020 12:55 pm

I do both with the same rod, a custom Lamiglas Infinity 7'3" 4-power rod. I do fish lighter/finesse jigs with another rod, though.
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:45 pm

hoohoorjoo wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 12:55 pm
I do both with the same rod, a custom Lamiglas Infinity 7'3" 4-power rod. I do fish lighter/finesse jigs with another rod, though.
Yeah that what I’m thinking
I’m trying to find permanent employment for this 745 HP rod
Slapped on a SV103xs with 1016 spool and 16lb sunline sniper
I know I’m not good at fishing ledges with football jigs or really haven’t been able to find them so I think I’ll do that as it’s cooling off. Just may have one or two setups this being one. I will say that 1016 does rather well in the SV103xs

Thanks for the feedback
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

slime king
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by slime king » Mon Dec 28, 2020 8:28 am

I use a champion 804c for both football and Carolina rigging as well as lighter umbrella rigs. It handles all well in my opinion.