Season of Giving

Anything and everything related to fishing tackle. If you cannot find the sub-category for your topic, go ahead and post it in here!
goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Season of Giving

Post by goldrod » Sat Nov 07, 2020 3:42 pm

With the "Season of Giving" coming up I have been wondering what I will get for my son who is pretty good with a stick.
What are you getting your fishing partner?
Your Actions Make History and Your history makes your legacy

Instagram is @1ncetime

Dalleinf
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Season of Giving

Post by Dalleinf » Sun Nov 08, 2020 12:35 pm

I have some fishing buddies that will get some of my excess tackle - mostly unused.
This month, I will donate tackle to a local charity/foundation. I have done so once before. This time to a foundation that gets underpriviliged children out fishing...

i_am_R2
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by i_am_R2 » Sun Nov 08, 2020 8:01 pm

Dalleinf wrote:
Sun Nov 08, 2020 12:35 pm
I have some fishing buddies that will get some of my excess tackle - mostly unused.
This month, I will donate tackle to a local charity/foundation. I have done so once before. This time to a foundation that gets underpriviliged children out fishing...
That's awesome! Would you be able to share the name of the foundation? In the past I have donated to https://www.fishingoutreachprogram.com/ and have wanted to find others that I could potentially contribute to.

As for my fishing buddies, I was thinking of giving them the cold shoulder so I can finally fish in some peace and quiet :lol:

Dalleinf
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Dalleinf » Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:07 pm

Haha, yes, well the charity is in Denmark. Børnenes Lystfiskerakademi. The guy was willing to drive to my place for pickup, for me to avoid shipping several rods, landing nets etc, but I doubt he the US is on his agenda :-)

Slazmo
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Slazmo » Mon Nov 09, 2020 2:11 am

I'm not big on Christmas as I work retail - you get a real itch to get past this time of year as quickly as possible.

But I bought myself a boat for the creeks and Broadwater here, been 12 years since my first tub. Decking it all out with the Railblaza trappings and just bought myself a (June build) 2020 Minn Kota RT55SP - took its sweet time from the States. But it's going on next week - should be on the water by December to avoid the chaotic Christmas time on the water.
IMG_20201109_192659.jpg
IMG_20201109_192659.jpg (39.26 KiB) Viewed 699 times
Whatever you end up doing, it pays to think of those less fortunate than yourselves - pay it forward.

BigG
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by BigG » Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:19 am

Slazmo wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 2:11 am
I'm not big on Christmas as I work retail - you get a real itch to get past this time of year as quickly as possible.

But I bought myself a boat for the creeks and Broadwater here, been 12 years since my first tub. Decking it all out with the Railblaza trappings and just bought myself a (June build) 2020 Minn Kota RT55SP - took its sweet time from the States. But it's going on next week - should be on the water by December to avoid the chaotic Christmas time on the water.

IMG_20201109_192659.jpg

Whatever you end up doing, it pays to think of those less fortunate than yourselves - pay it forward.
Neat boat, like the deep draft.

i_am_R2
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by i_am_R2 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:15 am

Dalleinf wrote:
Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:07 pm
Haha, yes, well the charity is in Denmark. Børnenes Lystfiskerakademi. The guy was willing to drive to my place for pickup, for me to avoid shipping several rods, landing nets etc, but I doubt he the US is on his agenda :-)
Ah yes, Denmark to California would be a bit of a drive I imagine lol. Thanks for the info and again, good on you for supporting those kids! :D

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:57 am

Supporting the kids is what its all about
I know a man child looking for the new antares 2020 if you are so inclined :big grin: :big grin: :big grin:

But seriously, this time of year reminds me of when I would visit my uncle's house and would be in his garage rambling through his tackle box. Brings back good memories of great times. Giving is a great thing to do and who knows if the kid you give lures, gear , or just time to will be the next Jordan Lee, Brandon Palanuik or John Crews..
This year I think I will do something just not sure what as of right now.
Your Actions Make History and Your history makes your legacy

Instagram is @1ncetime

Dalleinf
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Dalleinf » Mon Nov 09, 2020 12:12 pm

goldrod wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:57 am
... just time to will be the next Jordan Lee, Brandon Palanuik or John Crews..
I would love to give more of my time to kids who would like to come fishing. I believe it would have a much greater impact than all the tackle I give away some of which will rust in a corner.
I am doing the easy thing...... and my wife applauds that the garage looks more tidy :D