Any (round) rod racks you can recommend?

Anything and everything related to fishing tackle. If you cannot find the sub-category for your topic, go ahead and post it in here!
freelancer27
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Any (round) rod racks you can recommend?

Post by freelancer27 » Sun Nov 29, 2020 8:45 am

Hi guys,

I moved to a new place, where my wife gave me permission to use one room just as my man cave!  \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

Looking for a rod rack that can hold around +/- 16 rod combos. Was thinking that a rotating round rod rack would probably be best, since I would be able to put it into a corder and rotate it when needed.

My research online did not really yield a clear picture on what is good quality and what is not. 

Would be thankful for any recommendations!

​​​​​​​Thank you! 

Slazmo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Any (round) rod racks you can recommend?

Post by Slazmo » Sun Nov 29, 2020 2:19 pm

We had one guy locally here in Queensland make them and they revolved on their base on a 'Lazy Susan' bearing plate. I have a suspicion that they were a bit tippy as the base was the same dimensions as the barrel - base really needs to be a lot wider for stability.

Popular for about 5 minutes on the Facebook front and now have completely disappeared. However there are plenty of options on the net in the image search. Other than that, if one of these generic racks was an option you could modify the base with a decent double bearing carrier Lazy Susan plate and floor plate yourself - make the bottom plate round to the outer edge and a 90 degree wedge to fit into the crux of the wall to ensure it doesn't move closer to the wall either.

i_am_R2
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by i_am_R2 » Sun Nov 29, 2020 11:42 pm

Congrats on the new place! I have been using a rush creek spinning rod rack for years now that holds 30 rods, but maybe only around 10 or so full combos depending on how cramped you want it to be. It is one of the better built/looking mass produced racks I have come across and might be worth checking out.

Bronzeye
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Bronzeye » Mon Nov 30, 2020 6:15 am

I have a rotating rack that is great, but I don't recall the manufacturer. Look for a rack with three support dowels connecting the top piece (with rod clips) to the bottom; that prevents twisting. I bought a BPS rack years ago with a single central pillar connecting top and bottom, and it is prone to twisting and is more tippy.

eyra_kid
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by eyra_kid » Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:13 am

I have a round rack, probably from cabelas or bass pro. Takes up a lot more room than you'd think. Clips are little tight on the rods. I think for better protection for your rods, I would go with a wall mount to line them up side by side. IF that is a possibility in your space.

freelancer27
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by freelancer27 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:41 am

Ordered this here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001C ... UTF8&psc=1

Let's see how it works out.

i_am_R2
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by i_am_R2 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 3:18 pm

That's the one I have 8-) Hope it works out for you!