Moving to lighter gear due to injury?

Anything and everything related to fishing tackle. If you cannot find the sub-category for your topic, go ahead and post it in here!
LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Moving to lighter gear due to injury?

Post by LowRange » Thu Oct 26, 2023 6:33 am

I've somehow given myself tennis elbow not by doing anything cool like kayaking, fishing or mountain biking but by sitting on the couch weird. It makes throwing big baits painful. Worst is picking things up with that arm like a tacklebox.

mark poulson
TT Pro Angler
TT Pro Angler

Re: Moving to lighter gear due to injury?

Post by mark poulson » Thu Oct 26, 2023 9:11 am

My tennis elbow was caused by forearm muscles that had become shorter over time, so they put more pressure on the tendons which connected them to the bone.
After cortisone shots didn't work and resting didn't work, I decided to stretch the muscles myself by gripping my golf driver, and then putting it behind my foot and moving my hand until I could feel the stretch. I did it palm inward, and then palm outward, and alternating from the inside of my foot to the outside. Palm inward was on the inside of the foot, stretching outward, and palm outward was on the outside of the foot, stretching inward. I did it for a thirty count each way, several times a session, and my tendonitis was gone the same day. Do it gently, but firmly, stretching until it hurts, and then hold the stretch for thirty seconds.
I did that thirty+ years ago, and it has never returned.
I hope this helps.
Good luck.