Bank fishing net

Anything and everything related to fishing tackle. If you cannot find the sub-category for your topic, go ahead and post it in here!
godshippy
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Bank fishing net

Post by godshippy »

Hey TT guys,

I'm looking to find a landing net with a 20" handle and a large to extra large hoop/net. I'll be using this while fishing from the bank to bring in striper and halibut.

Thanks in advance!
i_am_R2
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Bank fishing net

Post by i_am_R2 »

I don't know how big the fish you're pulling in or how well it will hold up to the salt but I have been using this Promar net for years now and its been great for me.

https://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Promar_ ... om=tactour
godshippy
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by godshippy »

i_am_R2 wrote:
Wed May 03, 2023 5:45 am
I don't know how big the fish you're pulling in or how well it will hold up to the salt but I have been using this Promar net for years now and its been great for me.

https://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Promar_ ... om=tactour
Do you think it'll hold up to a 10-15 pound halibut?
i_am_R2
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by i_am_R2 »

Hmm, that's what like a ~30 inch fish? It miiight work but it would be pushing it I think. Something bigger may be better since a fish that size would probably fill the entire net unfortunately.
godshippy
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by godshippy »

i_am_R2 wrote:
Fri May 05, 2023 2:22 am
Hmm, that's what like a ~30 inch fish? It miiight work but it would be pushing it I think. Something bigger may be better since a fish that size would probably fill the entire net unfortunately.
Thanks for the info!