Anyone has a experience with the Abu Garcia Fantasista Regista rods?

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
freelancer27
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Anyone has a experience with the Abu Garcia Fantasista Regista rods?

Post by freelancer27 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:34 pm

Hi all,

given the discount on TW, I am wondering if I should have a closer look at the Abu Garcia Fantasista Regista as a Jig rod.

Looking at the Abu Garcia Fantasista Regista Casting Rod 7'6" Heavy.

Anybody?

Phippy
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Anyone has a experience with the Abu Garcia Fantasista Regista rods?

Post by Phippy » Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:32 am

No help here but wondering just the same. Pulled the trigger on the last 7'6"MH. Just go for it.

freelancer27
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by freelancer27 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:57 pm

Phippy wrote:No help here but wondering just the same. Pulled the trigger on the last 7'6"MH. Just go for it.

have you received/ fished the rod yet? What are your thoughts?

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:28 pm

I have an older Fantasista Deez MMH that I picked up used and it is a nice rod. The grip length is a little short. I'm not sure about the newer ones but I like the one I have if only for the taper. It's a JDM rod and it fits my mag BFS needs well. Not sure if I would recommend one in a regular USDM power and taper due to price. You'd have to be a pretty big ABU fan to pass on a lot of the high end USMD stick for a Fantaissta unless it was heavily discounted. I like my Fantasista Deez but wouldn't buy it if it were 7'6'' MH and $400+. Not sure if this helps.

Phippy
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Phippy » Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:49 pm

freelancer27 wrote:
Phippy wrote:No help here but wondering just the same. Pulled the trigger on the last 7'6"MH. Just go for it.

Just arrived today. Out of the tube it feels/looks incredible. Balance is very good with Met.MGL. Won't fish it till Sunday but my expectations are very high for this stick so much so I might pick up a spinning version.
Abu.jpg
Abu.jpg (98.73 KiB) Viewed 6340 times

freelancer27
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by freelancer27 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:25 pm

Phippy wrote:
freelancer27 wrote:

Just arrived today. Out of the tube it feels/looks incredible. Balance is very good with Met.MGL. Won't fish it till Sunday but my expectations are very high for this stick so much so I might pick up a spinning version.
Abu.jpg

Looks nice! Looking forward to a fishing report! ;)

Phippy
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Phippy » Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:55 pm

Sorry haven't replied sooner. So I've had 3 full days on the water with my new Regista and can honestly say I love this rod. The power is very similar to my newer style GLX 844mbr with a slightly slower taper IMO, I mean the rod really loads pretty far down the blank but with some power. Sweet spot is 1/2 - 3/4oz and makes a awesome football jig rod. Though 6" longer it actually balances better with my 844 both with Met.MGL, as for weights 844 is 4.5oz and 4.6oz the Regista. Sensitivity you ask, well lets just say in my hands I rate it very high. Swapping back in forth for the last 3 days no question the Regista wins over the GLX but again just ones person opinion. Just felt I had better feeling what my 3/4oz football jig was doing in 30-40fow whether that was grass or coming thru stumps.

Bottom line I love this blank so much I purchased a Regista 7'6" spinning from Abu website for $239 shipped. \:D/

Phippy
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Phippy » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:47 am

Received my Regista 7'6" med. spin today. Once again impressed right out of the tube the build quality/finish is exceptional. A little more power than what I was expecting but no doubt will make a awesome tube/jig rod especially in deeper water. Weight came in at 4.4oz balance doesn't seem as good as my casting Regista but not heavy feeling either. Probably team it up with the new Sustain 2500HGFI. Weekend can't come soon enough.
Attachments
spin2.jpg
spin2.jpg (96.74 KiB) Viewed 6107 times
spin.jpg
spin.jpg (97.29 KiB) Viewed 6107 times