Conquest 905C Question

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
jdbassman32
Angler
Angler
Posts: 32
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:48 pm

Conquest 905C Question

Postby jdbassman32 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:29 pm

I am looking for a rod that could potentially double as an A-Rig rod and a jig rod. It is rather difficult to find reviews on the 905 and was hoping someone on this forum has some experience with this model. This might be a better moving bait rod versus bottom contact, not sure. I have had some NRX's in the past and not a huge fan of the balance. Have a number of Detroyer's, but do not beleive anything in the series would be a good match. I appreciate the feedback.

LNunley
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2016 8:41 am

Re: Conquest 905C Question

Postby LNunley » Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:24 pm

I use my 905 for A-rigs. It’s a stout rod. Might work for big 3/4 ounce and higher jigs. Too much rod for 1/2 ounce jigs. Not a bad punching rod.

jdbassman32
Angler
Angler
Posts: 32
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:48 pm

Re: Conquest 905C Question

Postby jdbassman32 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:00 am

Do you feel the 904 would be a better option for 3/8 to 1/2 ounce jigs?

User avatar
cndbasshunter
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 4048
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:32 pm
Location: CANADA

Re: Conquest 905C Question

Postby cndbasshunter » Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:20 am

jdbassman32 wrote:Do you feel the 904 would be a better option for 3/8 to 1/2 ounce jigs?

904 would fit much better.

Polkfish1
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 289
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2016 4:58 pm

Re: Conquest 905C Question

Postby Polkfish1 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:00 am

jdbassman32 wrote:Do you feel the 904 would be a better option for 3/8 to 1/2 ounce jigs?


904 is very well suited for jigs in that range. After i got one, it quickly became my go to for that purpose. It can also do much more. It’s an exceptional rod.

LNunley
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2016 8:41 am

Re: Conquest 905C Question

Postby LNunley » Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:16 pm

jdbassman32 wrote:Do you feel the 904 would be a better option for 3/8 to 1/2 ounce jigs?


904C is much better for half ounce jigs. 905 way too much for half ounce.

jdbassman32
Angler
Angler
Posts: 32
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:48 pm

Re: Conquest 905C Question

Postby jdbassman32 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:39 pm

Thanks for the responses!

User avatar
egore1
Senior Angler
Senior Angler
Posts: 193
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:40 pm

Re: Conquest 905C Question

Postby egore1 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:26 pm

jdbassman32 wrote:I am looking for a rod that could potentially double as an A-Rig rod and a jig rod. It is rather difficult to find reviews on the 905 and was hoping someone on this forum has some experience with this model. This might be a better moving bait rod versus bottom contact, not sure. I have had some NRX's in the past and not a huge fan of the balance. Have a number of Detroyer's, but do not beleive anything in the series would be a good match. I appreciate the feedback.


What about a NRX 916? The full handle helps with balance and it is fairly sensitive with heavy jigs. I suppose it depends on what you would designate as a heavy jig though, how heavy?

slimjim1135
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:27 pm

Re: Conquest 905C Question

Postby slimjim1135 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:28 pm

Do you think the 904c could sling smaller A-rigs in a pinch?

Black Haze
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 629
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:59 pm

Re: Conquest 905C Question

Postby Black Haze » Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:48 pm

slimjim1135 wrote:Do you think the 904c could sling smaller A-rigs in a pinch?

No doubt, works for me

Rfdong
Senior Angler
Senior Angler
Posts: 80
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2007 3:38 pm

Re: Conquest 905C Question

Postby Rfdong » Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:51 pm

From a strictly power perspective, how does the 905c compare to the next 895c? If anyone has experience with both?

MTBF
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler
Posts: 1102
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:13 pm
Location: ONT, Canada

Re: Conquest 905C Question

Postby MTBF » Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:47 pm

Rfdong wrote:From a strictly power perspective, how does the 905c compare to the next 895c? If anyone has experience with both?

For being 1" longer with a weight rating being 3oz up from the 1oz rating on the 895 I was impressed this summer overall with the 905C MBR. I owned 2 NRX895C JWR's. Used them for pitching and short casting 3/4 & 1oz Jig's on summertime weedlines, big and small chunks on the back using both braid and fluorocarbon. The rods were sensitive and I ran them for 2 years however they are tip heavy. Not well balanced sticks the difference going to the CNQ905C MBR is night and day. The rod feels shorter than it is in a good way. Maybe I was use to the little bit bad balance of the 895's but I'm really happy with my Conquest. I've since ordered a second for the purpose of weedline jigs in the 3/4 & 1oz range. This past summer I ran my go-to craw the little Texas-Rig Jig on a 5/0 EWG+ hook, pegged 3/4oz tungsten and 22lb Fluoro. That tip on the 905C Conquest loaded well on every pitch and gave me that incredible power when setting the hook, yet working the bait or whenever i needed to give my craw a slight "snap" to get it thru cover it was effortless. I'm not sure if sensitivity was more with Conquest but definitely did not slack, it's balance was better, it felt lighter perhaps due to the overall construction, more accurate is noticeable also. Excited to get #2 for the flipping jigs.

I've ran the heavier Chronarch 100D7 on the 895's, then the Curado 70XG tried a Metanium on one they didn't feel as nice as the Conquest 7'6XH in my opinion using both rods back to back seasons.
PowerTeam Lures

Rfdong
Senior Angler
Senior Angler
Posts: 80
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2007 3:38 pm

Re: Conquest 905C Question

Postby Rfdong » Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:46 pm

MTBF wrote:
Rfdong wrote:From a strictly power perspective, how does the 905c compare to the next 895c? If anyone has experience with both?

For being 1" longer with a weight rating being 3oz up from the 1oz rating on the 895 I was impressed this summer overall with the 905C MBR. I owned 2 NRX895C JWR's. Used them for pitching and short casting 3/4 & 1oz Jig's on summertime weedlines, big and small chunks on the back using both braid and fluorocarbon. The rods were sensitive and I ran them for 2 years however they are tip heavy. Not well balanced sticks the difference going to the CNQ905C MBR is night and day. The rod feels shorter than it is in a good way. Maybe I was use to the little bit bad balance of the 895's but I'm really happy with my Conquest. I've since ordered a second for the purpose of weedline jigs in the 3/4 & 1oz range. This past summer I ran my go-to craw the little Texas-Rig Jig on a 5/0 EWG+ hook, pegged 3/4oz tungsten and 22lb Fluoro. That tip on the 905C Conquest loaded well on every pitch and gave me that incredible power when setting the hook, yet working the bait or whenever i needed to give my craw a slight "snap" to get it thru cover it was effortless. I'm not sure if sensitivity was more with Conquest but definitely did not slack, it's balance was better, it felt lighter perhaps due to the overall construction, more accurate is noticeable also. Excited to get #2 for the flipping jigs.

I've ran the heavier Chronarch 100D7 on the 895's, then the Curado 70XG tried a Metanium on one they didn't feel as nice as the Conquest 7'6XH in my opinion using both rods back to back seasons.


Thanks that was a very nice write up!

jdbassman32
Angler
Angler
Posts: 32
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:48 pm

Re: Conquest 905C Question

Postby jdbassman32 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:47 pm

Really love my 905. Bought a 904 as well and really prefer the 905 as a jig rod. My preference is a stiffer rod for jig fishing. It also has done well for me throwing an A-rig this winter/spring.


Return to “Rods”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: freelancer27, Houndfish, jpmoney and 6 guests