Carrot Stick Wild?

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
Bassboss
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Carrot Stick Wild?

Post by Bassboss » Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:55 am

Folks on tackle warehouse seems to like 'em pretty nice. Anyone use these. I've head the components are questionable though.

What are ya'lls thoughts?

JWR075
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Carrot Stick Wild?

Post by JWR075 » Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:45 am

I think people were swayed away from E21 because of issues with their older rods. For the same money (maybe 20 bucks more) you can get. . .

BPS carbonlite and Carbonlite mircoguide rods
Okuma Citrix and EVX-A rods
ABU Veritas
St Croix Mojo
Falcon Bucoo

And if you are willing to up the price to 150 bucks you can get

ABU Verdict
iRod (do not know much about them)
Pinnacle DHC 5
Okuma Concept C3
Quantum Smoke
Shimano Crucial (or at least some of them)
Powell Max series

So I understand that they might be better than before, I will not be the first to find out, since there are many more rods out there that do not seem to have the issues E21 had. I think for the money the normal Carbonlite, Veritas and EVX-A offer a better rod IMHO.

BB144
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by BB144 » Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:06 pm

I haven't used one, but would never spend my money on a carrot stick. When I was fishing at KY Lake, a tackle shop near the lodge I was at had all their display reels mounted on carrot stick handles. There was also a guy in there with a 4 piece carrot stick. Broke on a hookset while he was fishing a tournament.

At any price point, I think there are better rods out there (and less obnoxious colored ones too, lol).
cabinfeverlures.webs.com
fb.com/CabinFeverLures

Redfish
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Redfish » Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:01 pm

I must be in the majority of folks here...I love the Carrot Stix. I have a Inshore Carrot Stix that has literally brought in hundreds of trout, reds, and flounder. Not one single issue yet. And I like my rod to stick out from the crowd.
[url=http://www.yakangler.com][img]http://www.yakangler.com/images/stories/banners/YakAngler_Sunrise.png[/img][/url]

kdanh
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by kdanh » Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:26 pm

The color sure stand out. I'm not sure which model (old vs new), but a friend bought three sticks. Two broke while casting; the last one sold.

JWR075
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by JWR075 » Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:40 pm

All I am saying is that with their past (still fresh in many minds) so-so quality, I would look in other places for something. For only 20 bucks more, you can get the Okuma Citrix (seems Okuma has really been stepping it up lately), if you like the design of the carrot stick or the Carbonlite for 10 buck less (unless you get the mircoguide one).

Stasher1
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Stasher1 » Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:26 am

With e21's spotty history, I definitely wouldn't be looking at their "budget" offerings. :lol: