Carrot Micro Consensus

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
bass806
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Carrot Micro Consensus

Post by bass806 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:03 pm

I understand that the older E21 stix had their share of problems. What is the consensus on the newer Micro guide series? This is supposed to be a top tier rod for the company. Do they suffer from the same shattering issues or did E21 get the bugs worked out. I like the guides and they sure are lite.

Thanks

BB144
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Carrot Micro Consensus

Post by BB144 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:33 pm

Whether they fixed the breakage issues or not, I don't think the carrot sticks are on part as far as quality goes with other rods in the same price range. And personally, I wouldn't spend my own money on one, especially not the $200 they want for the Micro.

I'd take a Falcon Cara Micro over the carrot sticks any day at any price.
cabinfeverlures.webs.com
fb.com/CabinFeverLures

ecu daniel 14
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by ecu daniel 14 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:12 am

I agree, they are def. not worth $200 bucks...sure they are light, but I highly doubt they are as durable as others or even close to as sensitive in that price range...hell the Veritas is just as sensitive for $90...no microguides though...if I was gonna spend $200 on a rod it wouldnt be a carrot stick
stress-what happens between fishing trips

Pegasus
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Pegasus » Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:04 am

BB144 wrote:Whether they fixed the breakage issues or not, I don't think the carrot sticks are on part as far as quality goes with other rods in the same price range. And personally, I wouldn't spend my own money on one, especially not the $200 they want for the Micro.

Hey we are starting to agree on something I love the Cara micro.

bstuckey
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by bstuckey » Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:01 pm

Pegasus wrote:
BB144 wrote:Whether they fixed the breakage issues or not, I don't think the carrot sticks are on part as far as quality goes with other rods in the same price range. And personally, I wouldn't spend my own money on one, especially not the $200 they want for the Micro.

Hey we are starting to agree on something I love the Cara micro.
Love is in the air boys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :big grin: :big grin: :big grin:

robertrinaustin
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by robertrinaustin » Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:25 pm

Unfortunately, you'll get lots of opinions around here without any actual experience with the new rods. I guess you can figure out for yourself how much those opinions are worth. Unlike the others above, I've fished the new Micros and they are very nice rods. I'd put them against any similar priced rods. I haven't put a scale to them, but I'd bet they are lighter than the comparable Cara which I also think is a good rod for the price.

Mossy Oak
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Mossy Oak » Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:27 pm

A guy at my favorite tackle shop said that they haven't sold any of the new micro guide carrots this year.

Bob Ellis
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Bob Ellis » Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:50 pm

FWIW my local sporting goods giant recommends the Carrot Stix Wild over the Veritas. Not sure how relevant that info is to the upscale rods but there you go.

bass806
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by bass806 » Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:52 am

Well, I just received 4 of the CS Micros from Hi's big sale. I paid $110 each with free shipping-they look good so far. It's funny that they sold out so quick if no one seems to like them.
No on the water tests yet, but we'll see. For the last 15 years all I've run was Loomis, but I wan't to branch out a bit. Thanks to all who posted, I will try to get a review up, but it will likely be several months before I can get them wet.

bassbandit
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by bassbandit » Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:31 pm

Although I am skeptical of e21, I'd be interested in trying one of the $100 Carrot Wild Micro's. I haven't been blown away by any of the other budget micro rods and I like the specs of some of their models. Is anyone fishing one of these?