Elite Tech Smallmouth

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
Tomhdez
Angler
Angler

Re: Elite Tech Smallmouth

Post by Tomhdez » Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:55 pm

FenwickTV
They should start hitting shipping in September. We will be getting the specs up before that. They are sweet rods
10 hours ago

Off of the YouTube channel.

FenwickRods
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by FenwickRods » Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:54 am

Hey Guys, I am one of the brand managers with Fenwick. I love that you are showing early interest in these rods. They don't launch until September, you will find a lot more information coming in July. I would encourage you to join the enewsletter list on our website. http://www.fenwickfishing.com
Thanks -
Marc Kirsch
Fenwick Associate Brand Manager
fenwick-sm@purefishing.com
Last edited by FenwickRods on Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:56 am, edited 2 times in total.

JDLaman
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by JDLaman » Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:13 am

Marc, Welcome to the forum. The rods look great, especially the 6'3" M-MF casting rod. That is my kind of topwater rod1

smalljaw
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by smalljaw » Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:17 am

JDLaman wrote:Marc, Welcome to the forum. The rods look great, especially the 6'3" M-MF casting rod. That is my kind of topwater rod1

+1 Thats the rod I want for topwater and shallow cranks for the river smallies!!
Barlow's Tackle

DWG1984
Angler
Angler

Post by DWG1984 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:16 am

These rods look amazing, wish they were coming out sooner I need a rod for my certae.

E73Bass
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by E73Bass » Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:44 am

JDLaman wrote:Marc, Welcome to the forum. The rods look great, especially the 6'3" M-MF casting rod. That is my kind of topwater rod1
TOPWATER???? Need one right now for jerk bait'in in the timber? Perfect length for that---wish I knew what the handle length was.

Bass hole77
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by Bass hole77 » Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:37 am

Long time reader new time memeber .... I just recently purchased the Fenwick smallmouth spinning rod 6'9 M XF for river wacky senko fishing. I haven't received it yet but for $88 and free shipping I thought I'd give it a shot. I've seen nothing but great reviews so far so hopefully I like it since I haven't actually held one in store before. Does anyone know the weight on this rod? I'm pairing it up with a 30 series Quantum Smoke so I'm hoping this too is pretty light! By the way I love my Smoke!

smalljaw
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by smalljaw » Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:32 pm

Bass hole77 wrote:Long time reader new time memeber .... I just recently purchased the Fenwick smallmouth spinning rod 6'9 M XF for river wacky senko fishing. I haven't received it yet but for $88 and free shipping I thought I'd give it a shot. I've seen nothing but great reviews so far so hopefully I like it since I haven't actually held one in store before. Does anyone know the weight on this rod? I'm pairing it up with a 30 series Quantum Smoke so I'm hoping this too is pretty light! By the way I love my Smoke!
I have the exact rod you're getting and it is a fantastic piece and it is light. I also have the 6'10" MH-MF and it too is light, 3.83oz and the spinning rod is noticably lighter, the reel seat is great and very comfortable, I'm sure you'll like it.
Barlow's Tackle

E73Bass
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by E73Bass » Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:35 pm

Bass hole77 wrote:Long time reader new time memeber .... I just recently purchased the Fenwick smallmouth spinning rod 6'9 M XF for river wacky senko fishing. I haven't received it yet but for $88 and free shipping I thought I'd give it a shot. I've seen nothing but great reviews so far so hopefully I like it since I haven't actually held one in store before. Does anyone know the weight on this rod? I'm pairing it up with a 30 series Quantum Smoke so I'm hoping this too is pretty light! By the way I love my Smoke!

Where did you find for $88? Worried about that kind of price reduction---so close after their release?

Any word on a Largemouth version? Or anymore adds to the smallmouth lineup? Would like to see a TRUE Med light finesse version in the Casting series. Like in a 7-0 to 7-3" size. Lure weight 1/16 to 3/8 and line weight 6-10. Something to compete with the Daiwa Megatop finesse cast rod in the $150-$200 range. Perfect for us daiwa pixy owners.

smalljaw
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by smalljaw » Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:18 pm

E73Bass wrote:

Where did you find for $88? Worried about that kind of price reduction---so close after their release?

Any word on a Largemouth version? Or anymore adds to the smallmouth lineup? Would like to see a TRUE Med light finesse version in the Casting series. Like in a 7-0 to 7-3" size. Lure weight 1/16 to 3/8 and line weight 6-10. Something to compete with the Daiwa Megatop finesse cast rod in the $150-$200 range. Perfect for us daiwa pixy owners.
E73Bass, Amazon has them and you can get them for pretty cheap, I paid retail for my spinning rod because I got it in September last year and I had to get it directly from Fenwick. Now Amazon has them and they also have the Abu Garcia Villians at a discounted price too. My Casting rod came from a place on Amazon called "Reds Gear" and I paid $77.49 and that was with free shipping.
Barlow's Tackle

KCL655321
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by KCL655321 » Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:20 pm

I wouldn't hold my breath on new Largemouth ET rods, they had them & discontinued them and Pure seems to be pushing Abu rods & reels for the LMB crowd. Probably find out iCast if they're gonna expand the smallmouth series, which I think is possible.

Bass hole77
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by Bass hole77 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:15 am

smalljaw wrote:
I have the exact rod you're getting and it is a fantastic piece and it is light. I also have the 6'10" MH-MF and it too is light, 3.83oz and the spinning rod is noticably lighter, the reel seat is great and very comfortable, I'm sure you'll like it.
SmallJaw thanks for the response. I did purchase on discount through Amazon. The box cam a little beat up but the rod was in perfect condition. I got a chance to fish it last weekend and loved it! I've purchased a few rods around $200 and fished a St Croix Legend. This rod for me ranks right up there. I landed a 5lb largemouth with it and it had plenty of backbone. The handle is probably one of the most comfortable I've ever held. This rod is very light and very sensitive. Fenwick hit a homerun with this one!

E73Bass
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by E73Bass » Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:37 pm

KCL655321 wrote:I wouldn't hold my breath on new Largemouth ET rods, they had them & discontinued them and Pure seems to be pushing Abu rods & reels for the LMB crowd. Probably find out iCast if they're gonna expand the smallmouth series, which I think is possible.
Don't be surprised if Fenwick USA brings one of these to the states in 2012.

http://www.tiemco.jp/fenwick/products/t ... index.html