Elite Tech Smallmouth

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
TroutStlkr
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Elite Tech Smallmouth

Post by TroutStlkr » Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:43 pm

I was actually checking out the Elite Tech River Runners from Fenwick when I came across a YouTube video introducing the Elite Tech smallmouth rods.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRP_LxbWrrM
They look promising, but details were pretty sparse and I couldn't find any more info on them anywhere. Has anybody seen these at any shows or have any information you can dish about this new series? Lengths? Actions? Spinnings rods also?

Bob Ellis
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Elite Tech Smallmouth

Post by Bob Ellis » Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:47 pm

Niiiiiiiiiiiiice.

And I just spent my season's rod and reel money too.

Eric Walsh
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Eric Walsh » Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:45 am

I've never owned a Fenwick, but they're gonna sell a ton of those rods due to that creative reel seat. :idea:

flywatersmallie
Angler
Angler

Post by flywatersmallie » Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:14 am

Bob Ellis wrote:Niiiiiiiiiiiiice.

And I just spent my season's rod and reel money too.

Me too but I will spend it again several more times before the season is out. I like the look of those rods!
Get Bit Baits Pro Staff

biggs
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by biggs » Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:27 pm

Those do look nice. I would love smallmouth specific rods for when I am wading for them, well maybe just a ML rod for mepps and maybe a topwater rod although my Powell 684cb does a great job with topwaters for smallies.

I wonder what the 10 actions are? and price?
Instagram @___bradb

breezy
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by breezy » Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:29 pm

Eric Walsh wrote:I've never owned a Fenwick, but they're gonna sell a ton of those rods due to that creative reel seat. :idea:
I think the reel seat looks really comfortable, I guess we'll see if it catches on.

I had been eying the river runner series too for a general purpose setup but these also look very interesting.

KCL655321
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by KCL655321 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:47 pm

Those do look pretty good, but I''m wondering if they're gonna re-enter the LMB market or just let the new Abu rods fill that void? I have several Fenwick rods & I really like them, so I'd really like to see a new LMB line of rods.

bassbandit
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by bassbandit » Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:28 am

I wonder if these are going to be priced around the Elite Tech Walleye and and Elite Tech River Runner? It'd be nice to see them around $150 instead of $200.

angler96
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by angler96 » Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:13 am

Those look very unique. I have the elite tech walleye rod and i love it! might have to give one of these a try.

Schlag
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Schlag » Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:46 am

Nice find! I've always been impressed with the quality my 7'M Techna AV spinning rod.

Hoping they have a nice ML finesse casting rod in their line up. I'll be sold if they're light in weight & under $150.

TroutStlkr
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by TroutStlkr » Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:23 pm

bassbandit wrote:I wonder if these are going to be priced around the Elite Tech Walleye and and Elite Tech River Runner? It'd be nice to see them around $150 instead of $200.
No kidding. If the price is up around $200 or higher, to me, I think I'd just go with a Loomis Bronzeback. If they are priced somewhere in line with the other Elite Techs though, one of these might find it's way into my quiver.

E73Bass
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by E73Bass » Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:31 pm

I think this would be the guy to ask at Pure Fishing---send him an email.
I hope they come out with a 7 foot Medium Light Baitcast version.

send him an email and find out: rddavisson@purefishing.com

Tomhdez
Angler
Angler

Post by Tomhdez » Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:48 pm

I saw that YouTube video and I own a new river runner I have to say that the handles are amazing! Very comfortable and slip proof. They are super light in weight and the build quality and components are top notch. I hope all of these attributes trickle into the smallmouth rods! If they do then I say buy some stock! Also being purefishing they can be had for a lot less than msrp! I got mine for under 90 delivered vs. 142 something at an outfitter shop. Definetley something to be excited about. Also the fenwick team is very good at replying to emails. I'd email that YouTube account.

TroutStlkr
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by TroutStlkr » Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:55 am

I emailed Fenwick about specs and prices for the new Elite Tech Smallmouth rods and here was there response.

"We no longer make the EliteTech Bass Series rods. Thank you, Fenwick Customer Service ML"

Evidently, even customer service hasn't been informed of these new rods yet.

E73Bass
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by E73Bass » Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:50 pm

TroutStlkr wrote:I emailed Fenwick about specs and prices for the new Elite Tech Smallmouth rods and here was there response.

"We no longer make the EliteTech Bass Series rods. Thank you, Fenwick Customer Service ML"

Evidently, even customer service hasn't been informed of these new rods yet.

I talked to RICH DAVIDDSOn @ pure fishing yesterday and he said the ELITE TECHSSMALL MOUTH Series will be introduced at ICAST 2011 and will be available Fall-2011. No specs yet are available.