kistler repair

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
artiea
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: kistler repair

Post by artiea » Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:46 pm

Well, I wasnt sure how many were broke or ruined after the two completely different stories a month apart. As it turns out 2 were destroyed and 2 replaced. The entire invoice was $610. The valet service is to and from kisler.

revo680
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by revo680 » Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:23 am

I've bought some kistlers and really like their rods. I've never had to warranty one yet though. Seems like most of the popular rod companies are really tightening up on their warranty.

ratherbefishin
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by ratherbefishin » Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:28 am

artiea wrote:First off i am not a kisler hater. I have 8 or 10 that I use-sometimes. When I saw the offer for micro guides for $90 I thought I would give it a try. Sent 4 rods and paid $50 for "valet" service six weeks ago. Got a call from kistler on 3-4-11 saying that the person stripping the guides on 2 rods ruined them and they would send free replacements to be sent to me the following week. Last Friday I get another call, now it seemed 2 rods broke when they stress tested them. Now I am told I can wait another month for replacements or I can get z bone for $200. Sounded Like a good deal and I was tired of waiting. Rods arrived yesterday, good deal not! Seems I paid $90 each for the privilegde of having my rods broke, ruined or whatever happened to them. My invoice from Kistler was over $600! Just saying.
I had a similar experience but with a more positive outcome. I sent in my 5-year old LTA He76HC for the micro guide conversion. Got a voice mail message from Kistler saying that my rod was broken while they were working on it, so they were very sorry about what had happened and they would be sending me a brand new 2010 LTA He76HC with the micro guides built in, instead. Received the new rod about 3 days later. I did not have to pay any additional charges besides the $90.