Dobyns Warranty

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
reelfish
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Dobyns Warranty

Post by reelfish » Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:16 am

I recently purchased a new Dobyns 704CB from someone on another forum. The rod was new with the plastic still on the cork. When I got it home and inspected the rod the blank was curved. Is this normal for the 704CB or a defect? Also I contacted Dobyns about the rod and yet to hear a response if they will replace it. Any ideas?

jeb
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Dobyns Warranty

Post by jeb » Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:39 am

Since you're not the original owner and presumably don't have the original reciept, I doubt the "lifetime" warranty would apply. But it looks like you could take advantage of the $60 no hassle deal, if the rod is defective.

godshippy
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by godshippy » Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:41 am

Just wait for the response or give them a call at the shop. Richard has always picked up the phone when I had a question or concern about a rod and is very helpful.

blakjack23
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by blakjack23 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:18 am

I've read before that some bend in a rod is normal. But...I'm sure Dobyns will replace it for another if the bend is not normal. I've never had to give a receipt to any company when sending in any used rod for warranty...and especially since yours is new with the wrap still on it.

reelfish
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by reelfish » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:08 am

jeb wrote:Since you're not the original owner and presumably don't have the original reciept, I doubt the "lifetime" warranty would apply. But it looks like you could take advantage of the $60 no hassle deal, if the rod is defective.
Considering the closest store that carries of this model is 2.5 hr drive from me, buying from TW or forums is my only option. I guess I will have to call them since I have not received an email. I really expected a response by now.

blakjack23
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by blakjack23 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:14 am

The one time I emailed Dobyns it was 2-3 days before I heard back. Sounds like people who call get a faster response.

reelfish
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by reelfish » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:20 am

Just got talked to Dobyns (Richard) and they will replace it. Great customer service. =D>

civicrr
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by civicrr » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:46 am

reelfish wrote: Great customer service. =D>
Cool. I didn't expect anything else!