Zombie Spinning?

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
BassBug
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Zombie Spinning?

Post by BassBug » Mon May 16, 2011 2:07 pm

TT Members

Please help with any information regarding the Zombie Spinning Rod as it seems very sparse....action, best techniques, weight, balance, etc?

Thanks in advance BassBug

Mossy Oak
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Zombie Spinning?

Post by Mossy Oak » Mon May 16, 2011 2:40 pm

Wow I was gonna make a topic about this today, anyways I too, would love some info on these rods.

vArm
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by vArm » Mon May 16, 2011 3:07 pm

First of all it's a beautiful rod in person.
It's a Light/Fast action yet not wippy at all. It's probably closer to the MH then a true Light. I have it paired with a Stradic MgFA spooled with 7# Sniper. I can feel EVERYTHING with this setup, ultra sensitive.
My favorite part of the rod is it balances/fishes/fights perfectly with your whole hand in front of the reel.
I use it mainly for DS and Tubes, but I have no problem with adding more weight.

One funky thing about the rod is it makes a rubbing sound through the guides when fighting a fish. It hasn't affect my catch or line so I just ignore it.
MegabassUSA.com

BassBug
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by BassBug » Mon May 16, 2011 5:01 pm

vArm,

Thanks for the info, greatly appreciated! Could you make mention of similar rods, in let say a St Croix, Loomis, Daiwa, etc? These are a few that I have fished so this may help me gain a better understanding.

Thanks again!

vArm
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by vArm » Fri May 20, 2011 2:51 pm

I Love Baitcasters and have only recently started fishing with more spinning rods, so I don't have a lot of experience with them.
The ones I've used the most the past few years are the Megabass Aaron Martens F3-610DGS, Loomis Shakey SHR822S, Bronze Back SMR751S and Carrot Stix LTX671M.

It balances and fishes like Aaron Martens younger less experience brother (just wish I could).
I feel very comfortable fishing heavier weight then its rating with NO problem.

I'm not a fan of the Loomis rods I've used.
The Carrot Stix is good all around/guest rod.
MegabassUSA.com