Z bone LS vs LE

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
fishindrummer217
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Z bone LS vs LE

Post by fishindrummer217 » Thu May 19, 2011 3:13 am

Does anyone have both of these rods that could tell me about the differences between the two as far as sensitivity and balance?

fishindrummer217
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Z bone LS vs LE

Post by fishindrummer217 » Thu May 19, 2011 4:27 am

I would like to add that if you could provide some insight into the blanks as well that would be nice. I am still a bit confused about these 2 blanks. The LS is now said to be the stock NFC HM blank, I was under the impression that when they only had the LE and ST that the LE was the HM and the ST was the IM. Well now kistler says the LS is the HM and the LE is "garys personal best" whatever that may be. So it appears that whatever blank the LE is built on is supposedly better than the stock NFC HM blank availiable to the public...? If this is the case why would NFC not want to sell this blank and market it as their best blank, they are a company that sells blanks after all. NFC does sell three different blanks now the SM, IM, and HM. With the HM being the best and SM the cheapest. The HM is sold by NFC for around $250 which is what the LS blank on kistlers site costs. So again this brings me back to wonder what the heck blank is used on the LE? Right now the LS can be had for $100 cheaper than the LE and I'm just trying to figure out if there is much if any difference between the two. The most noticable difference is the handle materials being the split grip cork funny things is on the custom rod builder app both of these materials cost the same amount.

Alligator
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by Alligator » Fri May 20, 2011 4:36 am

You would be very happy with the LS - LE is a bit lighter in the tip, slightly nicer cork for the grip.
My biggest gripe with the 7'H Z-bones is the handle length is about 1/2" too long. It has the exact same length to the trigger as my 7'6" Cielo flipping stick. Great length for flipping, every so slightly too long for comfortable casting.

Alligator
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by Alligator » Fri May 20, 2011 4:38 am

Not convinced the LE is worth an additional $100.