Perfect rod for an f18, the MB Diablo

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
Katron
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Perfect rod for an f18, the MB Diablo

Post by Katron » Sun May 29, 2011 2:18 am

I have had a Rapala f18 in my box for some time. Last year I scored a couple post spawn fish on it, nothing of good size though. This year I tie it on because I was musky fishing with my friend (we go every Mon morning), after about one minute or so I get a hit, it was a musky. Unfortunately I lost her, but after that it proceeded to catch me seven largemouth, largest being about 4lbs and the rest around 2-3lbs. Being from Wisconsin I was quite taken aback at how readily the bass smashed this 7" jerkbait.
Now to the topic of this post, the rod. I used my MB Diablo (shortened by 2inch) to chuck and work this bait. I found that the action and size of this rod even if it was full length was perfect for this weight and size of lure. I was using an Abu C3 on this rod mostly because I am low on funds at the moment, but I plan on getting either a Curado or a TDZ for it. I encourage you guys to give this rod a try with the mighty Rapala F18.

Anybody else want to share how good of a stick for jerkbaits their MB Diablo is?

Kaleb
Previously "theflyingplatypus".