Fenwick elite tech smallmouth

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
smalljaw
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Fenwick elite tech smallmouth

Post by smalljaw » Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:41 pm

Well I see the price is pretty good, enough that I'll probably grab one, it won't hurt too bad if I don't like it. I am surprised though, I was thinking these rods were going to be around $150-$170 so the $130 is something to be happy about for once.
Barlow's Tackle

webertime
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Fenwick elite tech smallmouth

Post by webertime » Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:57 am

I want one BAD!

SmokeyJ
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by SmokeyJ » Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:04 am

Has anyone been able to find a spec sheet with model #s, lengths, actions, etc.?

smalljaw
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by smalljaw » Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:24 am

Barlow's Tackle

SmokeyJ
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by SmokeyJ » Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:42 am

Nice, thanks. Might have a hard time choosing between the 69M-XF and the 610M-F casting rods. I'm curious why the M-XF is only rated down to 3/8...

smalljaw
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by smalljaw » Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:28 am

SmokeyJ wrote:Nice, thanks. Might have a hard time choosing between the 69M-XF and the 610M-F casting rods. I'm curious why the M-XF is only rated down to 3/8...
Those ratings seem to be really bunched up but I'm sure you would have no trouble going up or down an eighth ounce or more on most models. The 6'3" looks like it would be a great jerkbait and shallow crank rod, I'm looking at that and the 6'9" M/XF for spinnerbaits.
Barlow's Tackle

SmokeyJ
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by SmokeyJ » Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:34 am

Yeah, thats what I figured. I tend to prefer an XF for my creek fishing because the tip loads faster with the sometimes restricted casting quarters, but counter-intuitively I also like a little extra length for the extra distance. Unfortunately I know none of the shops around me will carry these so I won't be able to check it out in store.

RGMatt
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by RGMatt » Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:16 am

smalljaw wrote:
SmokeyJ wrote:Nice, thanks. Might have a hard time choosing between the 69M-XF and the 610M-F casting rods. I'm curious why the M-XF is only rated down to 3/8...
Those ratings seem to be really bunched up but I'm sure you would have no trouble going up or down an eighth ounce or more on most models. The 6'3" looks like it would be a great jerkbait and shallow crank rod, I'm looking at that and the 6'9" M/XF for spinnerbaits.
I'd bet that's exactly what the 69MXF was designed for. W/ all these tech. specific rods out these days the ratings seem to be all over the place when compared to what we have seen in the past(i.e. med powered fast rods were always 8-17lb. 1/4-5/8 rated)

The price was exactly what I was hoping for. I'll be picking up at least 1 if not 2 spinning rods and as for the casting I'll probably pass altogether. I have a couple very good casting rods that don't get thrown into rotation enough as it is, they don't need the extra competition :big grin:. That 610MF casting rod did peak my interest though. Can't wait to shake these at Cabelas.

E73Bass
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by E73Bass » Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:23 pm

smalljaw wrote:Well I see the price is pretty good, enough that I'll probably grab one, it won't hurt too bad if I don't like it. I am surprised though, I was thinking these rods were going to be around $150-$170 so the $130 is something to be happy about for once.

Where do you see the price? any ICAST upates?

RGMatt
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by RGMatt » Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:56 pm

E73Bass wrote:
smalljaw wrote:Well I see the price is pretty good, enough that I'll probably grab one, it won't hurt too bad if I don't like it. I am surprised though, I was thinking these rods were going to be around $150-$170 so the $130 is something to be happy about for once.

Where do you see the price? any ICAST upates?
http://blog.wired2fish.com/blog/bid/574 ... uth-Series

E73Bass
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by E73Bass » Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:07 pm

The pic on wired to fish shows 2 casting models with the shorter handles---Does one of the 6-9 have a shorter handle along with the 6-3 ?

rakuin79
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by rakuin79 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:34 am

Just happened to stumble onto these rods online. Wow, add another rod from Icast to the must have list. Great looking rod, cant wait for them to come out. Anymore pics out there other than the ones on the wired2fish blog?

RGMatt
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by RGMatt » Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:02 am

Here's the only other places I've seen them aside from the 2 link posted in this thread.

http://www.smalljaw.com/Continued-fenwick.htm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRP_LxbWrrM

What's the release date?

Tomhdez
Angler
Angler

Post by Tomhdez » Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:29 pm

I really wish the fenwick guys were on top of their game like the Abu Garcia guys. These rods were originally supposed to debut at icast2010 and released in OCT of that year. I haven't seen an exact date but sometime in September I've heard. They haven't gotten the media attention that Abu has either. Maybe someone at pure fishing can make the fenwick guys rock faux hawks like Andrew wheeler to get more attention to their rods. :lol:
I was really hoping for a ton of info from icast but no luck. I'm also looking for more details in the new rods in the eagle gt line that were mentioned in the wired2fish article.

rakuin79
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by rakuin79 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:59 am

Well I am really hoping they do come out this year, the wife says its affordable enough for it to be a gift for me lol. They look like a finished product so I cant imagine they are far off production. Hopefully nothing changes on them. One thing I cant seem to understand though is how the reel seat works? Anyone have any insight as to the TAC reel seat?