St. Croix LTB SlopNFrog, Any Thoughts.

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
Basspastor
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

St. Croix LTB SlopNFrog, Any Thoughts.

Post by Basspastor » Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:29 am

I broke one of my telescopic 7'3"MH Fast St. Croix Avid's that I like so much for hollow body frogs and buzz toads. They no longer make this model rod and I'm not sure what direction I want to go in terms of the replacement plan. I do have a LTB 7'3"MH Carolina Rig rod and though the specs are the same, it isn't the same as the Avid; It's a step or two less power/less stiff. I've been using the Carolina Rig rod for dippers and really like it in that role; Since I have this rod I will be able to experiment using it for buzz frogs and hollow bodies. Maybe this will be the rod I go with but right now I'm unsure.

Wondering what everyone's thoughts were on the Croix LTB SlopNFrog rod, as this is another rod I'm considering for the replacement.
Bass Pundit Blog

angler96
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: St. Croix LTB SlopNFrog, Any Thoughts.

Post by angler96 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:48 pm

i love this rod! it is my main jig rod but also is excellent for any type of frogs.

soua0363
Angler
Angler

Post by soua0363 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:26 am

It is a very good rod. I use it for pitching jigs and working both toads and frogs. I have also used it for swimming jigs too but it is a bit too stiff for it.

civicrr
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by civicrr » Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:01 pm

I'd recommend getting the rod in your hands before buying. Even when I was fishing almost all St Croix, that particular model was not my favorite. There is no denying that it is a very well built & good looking rod. It just didn't feel good in my hands. Of course, ymmv :D