Zeta Rod?!!

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
wiscmike
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Zeta Rod?!!

Post by wiscmike » Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:14 pm

civicrr wrote:'slayer, we've never had any issues. I don't always agree with your opinions but to each their own. :D

For new guys on the forum, it ain't no secret, I'm a Dobyns fan.

Regarding the NRX, I actually haven't posted a review. I thought I'd continue my streak of staying positive in my posts. Honestly, it was light & sensitive. Unfortunately, it wasn't what I was looking for. I don't think it was the rods fault. Just wasn't my thing.

For the record, I'm not a GLoomis hater either. Its just that I prefer my Dobyns. ;)

Honestly though, I love my NRX 8wt & 9wt fly rods. Don't tell the other Dobynites but I keep thinking about buying a 893....:lol:
Did you mean Dx893 ? :lol:

spencerinstl
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by spencerinstl » Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:27 pm

civicrr wrote: Don't tell the other Dobynites but I keep thinking about buying a 893....:lol:
The 893 is an awesome rod. Nothing wrong with owning rods other than Dobyns.
Last edited by spencerinstl on Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thanks for the epiphany captain obvious

spencerinstl
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by spencerinstl » Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:28 pm

Will definitively have to check out these Zeta rods when they come out.

Nitroman77
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Nitroman77 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:56 pm

spencerinstl wrote:Will definitively have to check out these Zeta rods when they come out.
Zayta for clarification.. 8-)
THkustoms.com
Dobyns rods
Omega custom tackle
Biospawn
seaguar
phoenix boats

BASSLAYER
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by BASSLAYER » Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:05 pm

civicrr wrote:'slayer, we've never had any issues. I don't always agree with your opinions but to each their own. :D
Honestly though, I love my NRX 8wt & 9wt fly rods. Don't tell the other Dobynites but I keep thinking about buying a 893....:lol:
An old adage comes to mind - I guess we agree to disagree.

I guess that's why we all think differently and some are leaders while the masses just follow like sheeps to the slaughter house.

e.g. look @ the review by patrick especially the picture of the reel seat the compressed cork is slightly off. personally that would bother me and rub everytime I used the rod. Also noted in the review of one of the Loomis rods I think it was a bronzeback or shakey head rod by TT either Cal or Z.

I guess no rod Mfg is perfect, eh! :-s

http://forums.tackletour.com/viewtopic.php?f=65&t=29703

I'm always looking @ new tackle and what is being innovated and its NO secret I love Loomis rods but the monkey always has room for more, that's the beauty of the sport.
Kenjutsu
(剣術)

chasiubao73
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by chasiubao73 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:24 am

I like Dobyns rods and most of my tackle store brought rods are Dobyns DX's.

But at $500'ish for these Dobyns Zayta's, although very good looking and probably a well made rod, is my own personal limit on how much I am willing to pay for a non-custom made rod.

If Dobyns offers a trade in program where we can trade in say my DX's and the trade in credit to be applied towards a new Zayta rod, then I would consider getting one and possibly upgrading my DX's to Zaytas.

Chueyi10
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Chueyi10 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:41 am

chasiubao73 wrote:I like Dobyns rods and most of my tackle store brought rods are Dobyns DX's.

But at $500'ish for these Dobyns Zayta's, although very good looking and probably a well made rod, is my own personal limit on how much I am willing to pay for a non-custom made rod.

If Dobyns offers a trade in program where we can trade in say my DX's and the trade in credit to be applied towards a new Zayta rod, then I would consider getting one and possibly upgrading my DX's to Zaytas.

I agree for $500'ish it's getting to my limit, so I guess I better start saving now haha :lol:
"Cast and Destroy"

spencerinstl
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by spencerinstl » Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:39 am

chasiubao73 wrote:I like Dobyns rods and most of my tackle store brought rods are Dobyns DX's.

There is always the black friday sale, 400 for one of these rods wouldn't be a bad price.

phatbass
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by phatbass » Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:53 am

BASSLAYER wrote:
An old adage comes to mind - I guess we agree to disagree.

I guess that's why we all think differently and some are leaders while the masses just follow like sheeps to the slaughter house.

e.g. look @ the review by patrick especially the picture of the reel seat the compressed cork is slightly off. personally that would bother me and rub everytime I used the rod. Also noted in the review of one of the Loomis rods I think it was a bronzeback or shakey head rod by TT either Cal or Z.

I guess no rod Mfg is perfect, eh! :-s

http://forums.tackletour.com/viewtopic.php?f=65&t=29703

I'm always looking @ new tackle and what is being innovated and its NO secret I love Loomis rods but the monkey always has room for more, that's the beauty of the sport.
ariel,

you just can't stop can you.

Fat-G
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Fat-G » Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:16 pm

Oh no.... I can't afford one...but need one oh so badly.

Hope they have a trade in thing, and I'm praying to GOD they make a DX745 version that's 4-6" longer. [-o< =D>

bstuckey
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by bstuckey » Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:20 pm

Fat-G wrote:Oh no.... I can't afford one...but need one oh so badly.

Hope they have a trade in thing, and I'm praying to GOD they make a DX745 version that's 4-6" longer. [-o< =D>
Like a DX795? :big grin:

godshippy
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by godshippy » Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:30 pm

If they had a DX795 that wasn't a flippin' rod...I would be all over it. I have a DX795 and DX745, but the 795 is just too much stick. I want something lighter with a faster tip for jigs, and the 745 is great, but man...just a few more inches would make it SO much better.

Fat-G
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Fat-G » Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:58 pm

godshippy wrote:If they had a DX795 that wasn't a flippin' rod...I would be all over it. I have a DX795 and DX745, but the 795 is just too much stick. I want something lighter with a faster tip for jigs, and the 745 is great, but man...just a few more inches would make it SO much better.
Spot on / x100 / +100 YESSIR! Maybe even like a DX785ML? No, I think I want even longer, like maybe 7'10.

All I know is that the 745 is bar none THE jig rod for 1/2 oz flipping jigs in heavy wood with braid. And need I say it again? THE rod! I just wish it were 5-6" longer!

godshippy
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by godshippy » Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:43 pm

So any ideas on rod specs??? Lengths? Actions? Come on now!!!