Shimano crucial...disapointed

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Shimano crucial...disapointed

Post by bronzefly » Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:10 pm

OhioChamp183 wrote:Yes I have. My point is that they make it look like they have a great deal on a "new/better" model, when in fact, they went backwards, meaning, the now Chronarch is equivalent to lat yrs Curado, the new Curado is equivalent to last yrs Citica................get my point ;)
Maybe I'm the only one, but I didn't see any Shimano advertisements touting the new G series as "better" than the E series. It's clear to me that the E series is a better quality reel, but the G series are still good reels, in fact I think they're outstanding reels for the money with the current rebates. I think we were supposed to be talking about rods here though! :lol:
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

Buck2thPerch
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Buck2thPerch » Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:53 am

Crucial and Compre rods were probably the best bang for the buck rods I have owned. I sold all three of my Cumara's thinking I could buy two Crucials for each Cumara I sold. But true, the Crucial rods with IM10 blanks feel heavier and just too tip heavy vs my Cumaras. The older cork handle Crucials were well balanced and sensative. Now I wished, I would have never sold my Cumaras and older Crucials I had.

Also IMO - One of the best flipping stick on the market bar none for its price, is the old Crucial 7'6" MH XF Flippin rod. I have tried many flipping stick and nothing balances better and lighter than this rod. Only one rod comes close to mind and that is the Dobyns flipping stick. Again I sold this rod and regret it soo much.
Marine General Staff - Duluth MN
**What is fishing?**

arrowslinger1
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by arrowslinger1 » Wed May 02, 2012 6:30 am

Shimano really doesn't compete in the rod market until you get to the Cumara line, I have two of the cork crucials and they are so so, I have 6 cumara's and also plan to pick up another before they ruin them. I don't know what they were thinking changing up the casting reel lineup, it really makes no sense to me.

I look for last years curado's and citicas and the cumara line up. As for spinning rods, go G loomis all the way.

Shimano has me worried to be honest.
At least they improved the Stradic this year. I think that was the ONLY positive change they made.
Maybe Shimano will get on here and see that customers are willing to pay the extra bill to get the good stuff rather than pay less and get way less.

whartko
Angler
Angler

Post by whartko » Wed May 02, 2012 10:18 am

i was also very disappointed overall with this rod

jchau53
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by jchau53 » Sat May 05, 2012 7:27 am

i am happy I checked this topic out I was heading out to purchase 2 of the newer Crucials.
You guys just saved me a couple hundred, maybe I should just stick with my Avids

Hulkster
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Hulkster » Sat May 05, 2012 11:18 am

At least they improved the Stradic this year. I think that was the ONLY positive change they made.
yes but they took away the spare spools on all the new models.

which really sucks. price the same, no spare spool. to order one is expensive.

right now, the Saros is the only shimano out there that comes with a spare spool and thats only because its a 2007 reel.

get them while you can. the older models are going to be better than the newer ones as long as the global economy is crap.

its bad enough they put EVA foam grips on a $350 Sustain.. :roll: