Airrus Micropuls Now Avail.

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Airrus Micropuls Now Avail.

Post by Hogsticker2 » Sat May 05, 2012 9:28 am

So the Airrus Micropuls is available to purchase at Tacklewarehouse. This ONLY 10 months after the series debut from Icast 2011. The pictures of it at TW don't look so hot IMO. Kinda looks like they hit it with a bright red cherry rattle can. I thought the Daiwa Ballistic looked bad, but these look kinda like a toy or something. A couple of what appear to be positive attributes, I like the elevated micro guide concept. I think the line flow will be more fluid, however not fitted directly against the blank again increases opportunity for damage. The reel seats are fantastic IMO, looks like the same seats Cabelas uses on there casting rods. The sticks retail for only 109.00, and though the looks are not so swell, perhaps the rod performs better than it appears. Anyone gonna take a chance on these? At least the blanks are not built like a tube to transport the rod as with previous Ken Whiting E21 sticks. I'm thinkin I may have to purchase one to try out the guide system. Maybe on the Labor Day sale to save 15 percent. Who knows may be fantastic, or it may suck too!

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Airrus Micropuls Now Avail.

Post by Hogsticker2 » Sat May 05, 2012 9:33 am

I forgot to mention something I found a little entertaining regarding the write up about these rods at TW. It states, they don't claim their rods are revolutionary by copying others, or painting their rods with childrens toy colors. "Airrus is not interested in the masses".........Good stuff

Zman
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Zman » Sat May 05, 2012 11:47 am

Hogsticker2 wrote:I forgot to mention something I found a little entertaining regarding the write up about these rods at TW. It states, they don't claim their rods are revolutionary by copying others, or painting their rods with childrens toy colors. "Airrus is not interested in the masses".........Good stuff
I don't get it, it's bright cherry red like a toy fire truck. They should strike that line. Sounds like a direct dig at one particular company too.

facelessnewsouth
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by facelessnewsouth » Mon May 07, 2012 9:41 am

Im kind of curious about these, too. Do let us know if you decide to pull the trigger on one, Hogsticker. With so many decent rods at around that price point, I'd be interested to know if these stand out in any way.

bassbandit
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by bassbandit » Mon May 07, 2012 4:42 pm

I'd love to try one, but no funds at the moment. I actually dig the red color.