Rod Storage

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
StPaulPike
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Rod Storage

Post by StPaulPike » Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:13 pm

I am moving into a new place with the girlfriend right now living on my own I can put my rods where I please, but the place we are moving into is a big loft type place. I want to hang them from the ceiling anyone have any good ideas or things you have done?

fishingandfords
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Rod Storage

Post by fishingandfords » Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:07 pm

Wall mount rod rack or rod sleeves with loops on the end and put hooks in the ceiling?

OhioChamp183
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by OhioChamp183 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:24 am

be careful!!!
Having a girlfriend, and owning plenty of rods works! \:D/
Living with a girlfriend and owning plenty of rods...................... [-X

:big grin:

StPaulPike
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by StPaulPike » Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:35 am

OhioChamp183 wrote:be careful!!!
Having a girlfriend, and owning plenty of rods works! \:D/
Living with a girlfriend and owning plenty of rods...................... [-X

:big grin:
LOL its been a lot of work to get her to become excepting of my fishing stuff. I keep telling her how beautiful my rods and reels are she is getting there.

Gabriel
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Gabriel » Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:42 pm

StPaulPike wrote: LOL its been a lot of work to get her to become excepting of my fishing stuff. I keep telling her how beautiful my rods and reels are she is getting there.
This is a common mistake tell her that she is beautiful and she might forget about the 20 fishing combo's you keep in the house.

BlaineFred
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by BlaineFred » Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:11 pm

I live in a small townhouse, (hey, it what happens after a divorce), so storing rods is also a challeng for me.

I find the Bass Pro Shops Rolling Rod Cart very convenient. I prefer the large size cart. It's a good looking cart.

It's currently on sale at http://www.basspro.com/Bass-Pro-Shops-R ... /10215371/

I place my rods in colorful Stick Jackets, and they look very nice.

The advantage of the Rolling Rod Cart is that it's easy to move. The girl friend doesn't like over there, so you move over there, or to another place, etc., etc.

My problem is storing the test of my tackle. I have too many plastics, crankbaits, jerkbaits, jigs, spinnerbaits, spools of line, etc., etc. I bought tables at flea markets in the past two years to unload some gear, and i sell some locally through Craigs List.

Good luck, and please let us know what you decide.

ztcsmd
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by ztcsmd » Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:04 pm

Check out this place-- http://stores.ebay.com/JABS-of-Texas I bought one of these for 10 rod storage on an angled ceiling, he also makes for wall mount and flat ceiling and they come with felt lining where the rods hang/rest. I hang mine with reels on the rod so I spaced them toward the butt end of the rod so that rod is balanced where there is little to no pressure at the tip end that would result in bowing the rod. Was gonna build one myself, but once I saw these I realized I could not buy the materials as cheap as the finished product, plus they are available in 6 different shades of stain with a clear coat lacquer finish and all hardware for mounting is included. I am very happy with this item + it is not mass produced so it is unique with a classic style.