What do you guys think about this move by Kistler?

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
jpd0144
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: What do you guys think about this move by Kistler?

Post by jpd0144 » Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:53 am

bronzefly wrote:
That said, I like to fish mine with the "Buddah Heart" O:)

Hallelujah!

http://www.tackletour.com/reviewtdzito.html
FUNNY RIGHT THERE ! ... weird you post that today too :lol:

BucketHunter
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by BucketHunter » Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:21 am

dragon1 wrote:
mikeysam wrote:
Sarcasticat wrote:I will buy their rods if they have bible quotes on it. But first of all, what is a bible and can I eat it?
It's the Bread of Life.
Starting about how many thousands of years ago...or can that even be agreed upon by those that have contributed to the re-writing, translation, dictation, and forced application of said text? And where is the separation of the word of God and the word of man and kings in it?:-k
so much for not dragging this down to needless religious mudslinging...this coming from a guy who cautioned me that "We speak of energies in different dimensions that we cannot fully comprehend with our (living) human senses" when I made a joke about a haunted house. Talk about hokey...
BTW, both mikeysam and Sarcasticat were making a joke. Way to misread another post :roll:

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by dragon1 » Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:07 am

BucketHunter wrote:
dragon1 wrote:
mikeysam wrote:
Sarcasticat wrote:I will buy their rods if they have bible quotes on it. But first of all, what is a bible and can I eat it?
It's the Bread of Life.
Starting about how many thousands of years ago...or can that even be agreed upon by those that have contributed to the re-writing, translation, dictation, and forced application of said text? And where is the separation of the word of God and the word of man and kings in it?:-k
so much for not dragging this down to needless religious mudslinging...this coming from a guy who cautioned me that "We speak of energies in different dimensions that we cannot fully comprehend with our (living) human senses" when I made a joke about a haunted house. Talk about hokey...
BTW, both mikeysam and Sarcasticat were making a joke. Way to misread another post :roll:
Dude...you still sore about the Daiwa SS Tournament "going backwards" thread? Yes, I understand it was wry humor...my reply is for the sake of my wanting to bring out more questioning based upon my own thoughts. Hence the :-k I used. Is that okay with you?

Maybe YOU should consider whether you may have misread my reply?

BucketHunter
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by BucketHunter » Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:00 am

Because the "Rods" forum on TT is the place for you to deeply ponder existentialism, deism, and the canonicity of the Bible. Riiiiiight.

Everybody else, kudos to being able to voice your opinion without calling out millions of other people's beliefs. I really enjoy watching a small market business do some demographic analysis, and can't wait for the decision they make. Does Trey's need to share his faith outweigh a good business decision? Can he see that by growing his business, he will have the opportunity to share with more people IN PERSON. Does he value quality of influence vs. quantity of influence? How does he weigh out how many people who will buy his rods for the first time to how many people who are current customers who will never buy his rods again?
Sorry guys, I am in Retail/Marketing, and this stuff is like the friggen Bachelor for me haha. I'm a geek.

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by dragon1 » Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:17 am

Haha...yes, the Bachelor. Glad you find value in such programs.

What strikes me as odd is that you single me out on this thread, along with the "going backwards" thread, when others have said and posted in their own way; what I have said in my own words.

The question is why? Do you savor the opportunity to create animosity, and to be a relative thorn in my side because it gives you pleasure? Good for you man, I am glad you have found a purpose here on TT.

BucketHunter
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by BucketHunter » Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:28 am

Another post misread Dragon1. Tsk tsk.
Marketing Studies in real time is *LIKE* the Bachelor for me, as in, that's the kind of reality I get a kick out of. But nice try at insulting me haha.
Anyways, like in the last thread, I've addressed the topic again, stated my purpose and moved on...

Sarcasticat
Angler
Angler

Post by Sarcasticat » Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:02 pm

You 2 best apoligize to each other or else I'm gonna tell a startling fact that may change your state of nind.

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by dragon1 » Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:20 am

BucketHunter wrote:Because the "Rods" forum on TT is the place for you to deeply ponder existentialism, deism, and the canonicity of the Bible. Riiiiiight.
BucketHunter...no one has the right, nor the wisdom, nor the all encompassing intelligence to "calculate" whether someone can extrapolate whatever thoughts they may have on a subject/topic, on this forum or not. Yes, I ponder about man's place in what we know as LIFE, whether defined scientifically, philosophically, emotionally, spiritually, etc...and yes, this has been my signature since day one on TT, so there is nothing new here. You have no idea as to my makeup, nor my background, as I know nothing of yours...as a man of intelligence and education, you can deduct that the tree is grown from the seed and soil in which it is planted.
BucketHunter wrote:Another post misread Dragon1. Tsk tsk.
Marketing Studies in real time is *LIKE* the Bachelor for me, as in, that's the kind of reality I get a kick out of. But nice try at insulting me haha.
Anyways, like in the last thread, I've addressed the topic again, stated my purpose and moved on...
While I may have misread your post, I am not trying to insult you...as you note, you have "addressed the topic" (which I read as "addressed" for your own entertainment and humor) and have moved on.

If you find that you wish to continue this conversation, then a PM would likely be most courteous from us both, to the other TT members.

BASSLAYER
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by BASSLAYER » Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:21 am

"The only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about."

mhood
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by mhood » Sun Sep 08, 2013 2:38 am

This is all Duck Dynasty's fault. Gentlemen...please go to your corners. :big grin:

Sarcasticat
Angler
Angler

Post by Sarcasticat » Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:09 am

I can't take it anymore.
Here is the info that will change your state of mind.
Brace yourselves.
"Tacocat is Tacocat backwards."

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:52 am

mhood wrote:This is all Duck Dynasty's fault. Gentlemen...please go to your corners. :big grin:
Don't blame the beard, please, whatever you do, don't blame the beard! :lol:

rubs96
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by rubs96 » Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:20 pm

You all work for and use pieces of metal that have "In God We Trust" written on them... :-k

It's his company, and his products. If you're not comfortable showing or sharing your faith then don't. If you already buy and use Kistler rods, then you support Trey and his beliefs (he has no problem professing his faith - obviously with this Facebook post).

That being said, having the option of adding a passage or any text could be an interesting concept.

mikeysam
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by mikeysam » Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:09 pm

BucketHunter wrote:
dragon1 wrote:
mikeysam wrote:
It's the Bread of Life.
I wasn't joking.

BucketHunter
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by BucketHunter » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:39 am

^well even if you aren't joking, it still is a funny, pertinent response.
Christians can have a sense of humour you know, I used to be one :lol: