LAMIGLAS INFINITY

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: LAMIGLAS INFINITY

Post by goldrod » Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:38 am

What reel do you have on your 724

WCCT
Angler
Angler

Post by WCCT » Sun Nov 30, 2014 12:40 pm

I have a Tatula type R on my Infinity. Makes for a very nice combo

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:05 pm

I just got the 724 med fast and
It is NOT what I expected. It's more of a jerk bait rod. I have a type R on it & 12#
Test.... considering sending it back.

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:57 pm

What line size are you guys using for this rod?
I am just not happy, its very sensitive i can feel the bites and with a smooth pull I can feel the fish jerking his head.
The rod to me is whippy ish so i am opting for the 735. If you have the 724 i would be interested in what you are using in
conjunction with the rod and what technique you have employed it for? IMO its a hard jerk bait rod.. perfect for that
crankbaits even. just a reaction rod not a bottom contact rod.

WCCT
Angler
Angler

Post by WCCT » Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:53 am

I use mine for light football heads, up to 1/2oz with a hula grub or similar bait. I think 1/2 oz is as much as this rod will take. I love the rod, but I am now toying with the idea of selling it and getting another rod. I am kind of on a Tatula kick lately. I think I might benefit by having a little more powerful stick for this technique. These are great rods though, I can't say nothing bad about them. They are super sensitive and very light. A buddy of mine has the 735 and after talking with him, I get the feeling it fishes more like a true MH rod. This might be the way I go too, I just can't make up my mind ](*,)

BigMoneyGrip
Angler
Angler

Post by BigMoneyGrip » Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:36 am

I have the 735 and love it. I have it paired with a 51Mg7 and 15lbs InvizX. I use this rod for throwing small soft swim baits, senkos and jigs that are less than 1/2 (excluding trailer). I love it. It seems to have a tip that will launch anything. The sensitivity is awesome, whether I'm using a bottom contact lure or swimming a lure. It is the most versatile rod I have. I'm sure there are more sensitive rods out there, but I can't imagine it. I've had the rod for almost 2 years now and each time I fish it, I get all antsy.

That being said, I have a Edge 693 on the way that I hope will share duties. I plan on using the Edge for just senkos, 4" and 5". We'll see! However, my Infinity Bass 735 ain't for sale!

_diggy_
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by _diggy_ » Sat May 16, 2015 1:57 am

I love the 735c rod :-({|=

jiggerjake
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by jiggerjake » Wed May 20, 2015 7:40 am

Since this thread has sort of been revived I thought I'd ask...Which of these would be the ideal rod for swim jigs in the 1/4-5/16oz. range? The 724 or 735? How are the tips on these rods? Are they softer like the Dobyn's 733 rods?
Thinking about getting one and want to make sure I'll be able to cast accurately with it.

Why does Lamiglas still have these listed at $350 on their website? TW has them at $279.

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:43 am

i eventually sent it back and got the next rod up and was EXTREMELY happy with it.
i love how much I can feel the lure and what it is doing , going over and being attacked by.
It is probably one of my most memorable purchases and one that i am more than happy to have.