YOUR favorite jerkbait stick

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
jmatsuoka
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: YOUR favorite jerkbait stick

Post by jmatsuoka » Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:05 am

Phenix Recon 713C or Phenix UMBX700mh

sydaar
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by sydaar » Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:13 am

MB Rattle Viper TG for <1/2 oz
MB 110 Stick for MB 110's and the like. Perfect for the application

StarTzar
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by StarTzar » Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:11 pm

I have this on order. Should receive it within the next two weeks.
Dobyns Champion 634CB 6'3" - 8-14lb, 1/4-3/4oz, Medium Mod/Fast

Mcyl
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Mcyl » Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:46 am

3/8-1/2 oz Jerkbaits using PE + Leader, I use the Phenix Crankbait X-10.

It's rebound is strong and fast enough to sling a jerkbait the distances I like, yet its compliant enough to keep the hooks pinned using PE, it also makes subtle manipulations on good suspending jerkbaits like the MB vision easy.

Jerkbaits on FC or mono? That I'm still searching, I guess optimum power and taper would depend on the distances I'm casting.

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:47 am

StarTzar wrote:I have this on order. Should receive it within the next two weeks.
Where did you order it from? The only place I've seen it is landbigfish and they do not offer free shipping

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:48 am

Mcyl wrote:3/8-1/2 oz Jerkbaits using PE + Leader, I use the Phenix Crankbait X-10.

It's rebound is strong and fast enough to sling a jerkbait the distances I like, yet its compliant enough to keep the hooks pinned using PE, it also makes subtle manipulations on good suspending jerkbaits like the MB vision easy.

Jerkbaits on FC or mono? That I'm still searching, I guess optimum power and taper would depend on the distances I'm casting.
Too long for me. I wish they made a 6'6 version. I wonder what that blank would be like cut down

Mcyl
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Mcyl » Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:09 am

Hogsticker2 wrote:
Mcyl wrote:3/8-1/2 oz Jerkbaits using PE + Leader, I use the Phenix Crankbait X-10.

Too long for me. I wish they made a 6'6 version. I wonder what that blank would be like cut down
I have one about to be built on an X9 blank cut down to 6'8" and intermediate microguides. I don't mind the 7 as I usually down work the tip straight down and the length is great for the distance casts.

mhood
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by mhood » Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:31 am

Megabass Jabberwock Evoluzion Slant Bridge is my favorite.

Mcyl
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Mcyl » Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:42 am

mhood wrote:Megabass Jabberwock Evoluzion Slant Bridge is my favorite.
Mhood, I've seen different versions of that rod. I think it was dti, xfti and some other, what difference does it make? Which one should I look for?

igl00jx
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by igl00jx » Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:51 am

Custom Batson CB70H cut 2" from the butt.

mhood
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by mhood » Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:26 am

Mcyl wrote:
Mhood, I've seen different versions of that rod. I think it was dti, xfti and some other, what difference does it make? Which one should I look for?
Mine is the F4.5-68XFti (I believe "Fti" means titanium fibers the full length of the blank). It's the last slant bridge Jabberwock Evolution model (I think) and you'd need to get one used...they don't make it anymore.

Chode
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Chode » Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:14 am

mhood wrote:
Mcyl wrote:
Mine is the F4.5-68XFti (I believe "Fti" means titanium fibers the full length of the blank). It's the last slant bridge Jabberwock Evolution model (I think) and you'd need to get one used...they don't make it anymore.
uhhhmmm, that is one EXPENSIVE/RARE stick...care to share your Christmas spirits and donate one in your name to my personal collection?

thelatrobe33
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by thelatrobe33 » Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:35 am

Hogsticker2 wrote:

Probably a lot like a wet noodle :lol: I can't see how anyone would use that rod for jerkbaits, but to each their own I guess.

lmbfisherman
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by lmbfisherman » Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:20 am

My favorite jerkbait rod for this would be my M/F 6'6" St. Croix Avid. I also like my reaction Cumara 6'8" MH/XF too, but not as much as my Avid. There is just something about it that makes it perfect.

StarTzar
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by StarTzar » Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:21 am

Hogsticker2 wrote:
StarTzar wrote:I have this on order. Should receive it within the next two weeks.
Where did you order it from? The only place I've seen it is landbigfish and they do not offer free shipping
I'm picking up the rod from Paddletales Tackle in Winchester Ontario.
Ed Puddephatt (the owner) is one of the Canadian distributors for Dobyns rods.
It's a 45 minute drive from where I live. 8-)