NRX 822

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
Post Reply
artiea
Senior Angler
Senior Angler
Posts: 160
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:38 am

NRX 822

Post by artiea » Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:39 pm

I hate drop shotting, but it catches fish and wins tournys-anyway, is this rod worth the money and will it help?

User avatar
belippy
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 383
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:19 am
Location: T.O.

Re: NRX 822

Post by belippy » Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:00 pm

NRX DSR822 is the most sensitive rod I have ever used. I'm glad I bought it. :)

Phippy
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler
Posts: 1141
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2003 9:15 am
Location: MA

Re: NRX 822

Post by Phippy » Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:44 am

Look at the NRX 842S as well. Mine weighs 3.38oz, slightly crisper tip than the 822DSR which is something I wish mine had when I owned one for a few years. Probably a more versatile rod as well.

steve1206
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 2131
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:33 pm
Location: St. Peters, MO

Re: NRX 822

Post by steve1206 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:59 am

Phippy wrote:Look at the NRX 842S as well. Mine weighs 3.38oz, slightly crisper tip than the 822DSR which is something I wish mine had when I owned one for a few years. Probably a more versatile rod as well.
Same goes for the 822 SYR. More powerful tip that gives you more options than just the drop shot...but is more than capable for DS'ing

Phippy
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler
Posts: 1141
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2003 9:15 am
Location: MA

Re: NRX 822

Post by Phippy » Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:50 am

steve1206 wrote:
Phippy wrote:Look at the NRX 842S as well. Mine weighs 3.38oz, slightly crisper tip than the 822DSR which is something I wish mine had when I owned one for a few years. Probably a more versatile rod as well.
Same goes for the 822 SYR. More powerful tip that gives you more options than just the drop shot...but is more than capable for DS'ing
True that but for me I'll take a Loomis fast taper or extra fast every day of the week. I've been patiently waiting for the 842S. =D>

FishyFingers
Senior Angler
Senior Angler
Posts: 73
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:07 am

Re: NRX 822

Post by FishyFingers » Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:16 am

Last year I used the 822 SYR for drop shotting lake Erie in mostly 20-30 FOW and it out performed everyone I fished with. I'm looking to add the DSR this year but I'm worried the lighter action my not be as good as the SYR was on this lake.

Lucky Craft Man
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 277
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:20 am

Re: NRX 822

Post by Lucky Craft Man » Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:25 am

FishyFingers wrote:Last year I used the 822 SYR for drop shotting lake Erie in mostly 20-30 FOW and it out performed everyone I fished with. I'm looking to add the DSR this year but I'm worried the lighter action my not be as good as the SYR was on this lake.
I have both the NRX 822 DSR and the NRX 822 SYR. I prefer the NRX 822 DSR for my drop shot work on Lake Erie. I find the NRX 822 DSR more sensitive than the NRX 822 SYR.

User avatar
rubs96
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 513
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:37 am
Location: CANADA, EH

Re: NRX 822

Post by rubs96 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:23 pm

Love the 822 DSR and used one a few times before finally buying my own back in December/January. Can't wait to sue it again this summer!

The 822 SYR looks interesting. Played around with it a few times. If it's that great for Erie... I may have to pick one up!

Post Reply