Orochi XX Perfect Pitch vs DX745....

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
civicrr
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Orochi XX Perfect Pitch vs DX745....

Post by civicrr » Sun May 18, 2014 4:42 pm

Drewski73 wrote:Ill probably be selling my perfect pitch, or attempting to trade for a DX. The guides are not conducive to pitching with an alberto knot. Other than the micro guides (and they are micro guides regardless of what terminology people use to describe them) its a very nice rod. I would consider more if they had normal sized guides. If youre considering a xx, consider this issue. Deal breaker for me.
I was apprehensive about the guide sizing. Glad I didn't pull the trigger on one.

Used the money towards an Expride EX172MH..... That of course will be another thread. :)

Drewski73
Angler
Angler

Post by Drewski73 » Mon May 19, 2014 3:30 am

I need to update this I guess. I put a Curado 200 IHG on this rod with 65lb smackdown, and went to a local tank to throw frogs with it. I will be keeping it, but not for the application I had purchased it for. It is an absolutely fantastic frog rod! I understand it may be a little ovekill for a frog stick, but I like it too much to sell it. Ive also done a little light (1oz) punching with it, with straight braid, and it performed very well.

cndbasshunter
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by cndbasshunter » Mon May 19, 2014 3:40 am

Drewski73 wrote:I need to update this I guess. I put a Curado 200 IHG on this rod with 65lb smackdown, and went to a local tank to throw frogs with it. I will be keeping it, but not for the application I had purchased it for. It is an absolutely fantastic frog rod! I understand it may be a little ovekill for a frog stick, but I like it too much to sell it. Ive also done a little light (1oz) punching with it, with straight braid, and it performed very well.
The PP has the tip for a awesome frog rod. I use mine for it too sometime. 50lb fx2 on a Lew's Pro Z.

Johnny A
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Johnny A » Sat May 31, 2014 11:45 pm

cndbasshunter wrote:
Drewski73 wrote:I need to update this I guess. I put a Curado 200 IHG on this rod with 65lb smackdown, and went to a local tank to throw frogs with it. I will be keeping it, but not for the application I had purchased it for. It is an absolutely fantastic frog rod! I understand it may be a little ovekill for a frog stick, but I like it too much to sell it. Ive also done a little light (1oz) punching with it, with straight braid, and it performed very well.
The PP has the tip for a awesome frog rod. I use mine for it too sometime. 50lb fx2 on a Lew's Pro Z.
Tried it with the MGX for shallow cranks. Not good. Not bad at the tip but too stiff in the mid-section.

fishingandfords
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by fishingandfords » Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:41 am

civicrr wrote:
Drewski73 wrote:Ill probably be selling my perfect pitch, or attempting to trade for a DX. The guides are not conducive to pitching with an alberto knot. Other than the micro guides (and they are micro guides regardless of what terminology people use to describe them) its a very nice rod. I would consider more if they had normal sized guides. If youre considering a xx, consider this issue. Deal breaker for me.
I was apprehensive about the guide sizing. Glad I didn't pull the trigger on one.

Used the money towards an Expride EX172MH..... That of course will be another thread. :)
I want to hear your thoughts on the expride when you get a chance

Will-Fish
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Will-Fish » Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:47 am

Used my perfect pitch for a year now. Had it paired up with core 51 and also tried it with metanium xg.
Really like it a lot. Use it for pitching and excellent frog rod.

freelancer27
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by freelancer27 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:59 pm

How is the rod for a pure Jig dedication (1/2 - 1oz)?

COnsidering the rod vs the St.Croix Legend Elite.

Thx