Fenwick Aetos

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
bigturtle
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Fenwick Aetos

Post by bigturtle » Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:42 am

Anyone know if this rod has the carbon veil or cross scrim like HMG/HMX does? Really intrigued by the rod, so far being the best looking rod iv ever seen.

smalljaw
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Fenwick Aetos

Post by smalljaw » Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:14 am

Don't pay much attention to technical terms as most are marketing ploys of each manufacturer for the most part. I'm not sure about the blank construction on the Aetos but it is lighter and more sensitive (to me) compared to the HMG.

robster80
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by robster80 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:26 am

im considering this rod as well. it looks amazing. a guy posted a pic on facebook of one that broke on a hookset. a cabelas review on the spinning rod also said theirs broke easily. guess it happens tho.

Mr SwimJig
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Mr SwimJig » Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:36 am

I have a couple Aetos rods and have had no problems. Very light and sensitive rod and it is a very nice looking rod also.

bigturtle
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by bigturtle » Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:05 am

robster80 wrote:im considering this rod as well. it looks amazing. a guy posted a pic on facebook of one that broke on a hookset. a cabelas review on the spinning rod also said theirs broke easily. guess it happens tho.
ya, read that review. Didnt think much of it tho. the guy said he set the hook on a rock......The facebook one, have not seen. Maybe link me to it?

johnnybassboat
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by johnnybassboat » Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:14 pm

I have two of these rods. The 7' mhxf casting rod broke on the hookset. It was replaced by fenwick for $10. Good deal I would say. The other rod is a 6'8" mhf, I think, dont have with me right now. This rod has been great, I use it for 1/4 oz Texas rigged plastics pitching.