Megabass customer service is pathetic.

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
mdesouza
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Megabass customer service is pathetic.

Post by mdesouza » Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:14 am

389Maverick wrote:
mikeysam wrote:
USA-RET wrote:Have had zero experience with MB USA customer service, most reports I hear, have been positive.

The Tackle Trap (Bronzefly) and a TT advertiser, has a very good relationship with MB USA. Since the rods sold in the US are "Fair Trade", buying your MB rods through the Tackle Trap may help with or eliminate the issues you've had.

Obviously, if you purchased the rod somewhere else, you''ll have to rely on that dealer's relationship and attentiveness to your problem or paddle you own way with MB USA. I do know Gary will go to great lengths to keep his customers happy (which is why I buy from him).

If I popped a guide (and I have on rods under warranty) , I'd have I'd fixed locally though. Far easier and less chance of a screw up in shipping by doing so. Additionally, I can get my rod back in a couple of days rather than weeks. The expense is usually no more than shipping cost to MB.

Not second guessing any decisions made here or Monday morning quarterbacking. Just providing my perspective and approach.
You must have me confused with someone who cares where you get your guides fixed.
This is not the right attitude or approach....as i do understand it's a frustrating situation, you should be thankfull to get replies.
+1

mikeysam
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by mikeysam » Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:31 am

389Maverick wrote:
mikeysam wrote:
USA-RET wrote:Have had zero experience with MB USA customer service, most reports I hear, have been positive.

The Tackle Trap (Bronzefly) and a TT advertiser, has a very good relationship with MB USA. Since the rods sold in the US are "Fair Trade", buying your MB rods through the Tackle Trap may help with or eliminate the issues you've had.

Obviously, if you purchased the rod somewhere else, you''ll have to rely on that dealer's relationship and attentiveness to your problem or paddle you own way with MB USA. I do know Gary will go to great lengths to keep his customers happy (which is why I buy from him).

If I popped a guide (and I have on rods under warranty) , I'd have I'd fixed locally though. Far easier and less chance of a screw up in shipping by doing so. Additionally, I can get my rod back in a couple of days rather than weeks. The expense is usually no more than shipping cost to MB.

Not second guessing any decisions made here or Monday morning quarterbacking. Just providing my perspective and approach.
You must have me confused with someone who cares where you get your guides fixed.
This is not the right attitude or approach....as i do understand it's a frustrating situation, you should be thankfull to get replies.
I was not seeking replies or advice. I just wanted other potential buyers to be aware of one persons experience with Megabass customer service.

Sore Thumb
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Sore Thumb » Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:50 am

Here in my home state in Australia, warranty claims are the responsibility of the retailer. The retailer is in the best position to handle such claims. If it is a genuine claim it is quickly fixed. The retailer can then deal with the wholesaler on a much more level standing. If the retailer does not get the expected service from a wholesaler, then the shop can decide not to deal with that company any more. This way wholesalers are forced to properly treat customers (other businesses ) rather than covering up any warranty issues as the carping of a few disgruntled individuals. If for example you had trouble with your new Chevy or Ford would you have it towed to Detroit or Michigan ( or wherever ), or go to the local dealer where you bought it?

jlb
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by jlb » Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:02 am

Local vehicle dealers have warranty service centers for that reason. That is a horrible comparison because I do not have a megabass dealer within 100 miles of me but countless ford chevy dealers.

jlb
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by jlb » Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:10 am

Dont know about the op but I have absolutely no one within reasonable driving distance of me that I would trust to replace a guide on a $600 plus dollar rod. So i am happy that you do but its not quite that simple for everyone.

tywithay
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by tywithay » Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:50 am

If they use an outside source for rod repairs and don't know how long it will take, why would they call you? Just to check in and let you know it's still not done? They've done their part by getting it in the right hands. Now, they have to wait just like you. It sucks, but what more are they really to do?

M Perry
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by M Perry » Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:26 am

PM sent to OP and just as an FYI the process was started a couple of months back to where MOA will have rod components in stock to send to customer or repair shop to avoid costly shipping and repairs via a 3rd party.
That being said I know personally that MOA will do all in their power to keep a customer satisfied especially if its deemed to be a manufacturing issue. More than anything I am disappointed that a MB customer is not satisfied with the experience of owning a MB product but I have confidence all will be looked at openly and a resolution that is mutually beneficial can be reached soon.

389Maverick
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by 389Maverick » Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:52 am

Darkhorse wrote:PM sent to OP and just as an FYI the process was started a couple of months back to where MOA will have rod components in stock to send to customer or repair shop to avoid costly shipping and repairs via a 3rd party.
That being said I know personally that MOA will do all in their power to keep a customer satisfied especially if its deemed to be a manufacturing issue. More than anything I am disappointed that a MB customer is not satisfied with the experience of owning a MB product but I have confidence all will be looked at openly and a resolution that is mutually beneficial can be reached soon.
3 out of my 5 XX rods have been referred to as the « rattling rods » by MB’s customer service.
I also know of a few other rods bought from the same local retailer with the same issues.
That retailer does not carry the rods any longer.

Can you enlighten me or acknowledge that MB has issues with epoxy/glue drying up inside the blank and cracking under heavy loads?
When asked if it was an issue with the first gen rods, I have been brushed off or simply not answered.

As I do understand you wouldn’t be allowed to divulgate such details, from what I can read from your post, is that MB is having issues with components.

What is frustrating to me, is that I am told by MB that this has never been heard of :-s [-(

The JDM model with red accents is one sweet looking rod....but never will I take the chance knowing the warranty is null on JDM products.

jlb
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by jlb » Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:59 am

Yes I was also told that the rattling issue was unheard of when I called in to megabass about it. Seems strange dont you think.

M Perry
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by M Perry » Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:02 am

389Maverick wrote:
Darkhorse wrote:PM sent to OP and just as an FYI the process was started a couple of months back to where MOA will have rod components in stock to send to customer or repair shop to avoid costly shipping and repairs via a 3rd party.
3 out of my 5 XX rods have been referred to as the « rattling rods » by MB’s customer service.
I also know of a few other rods bought from the same local retailer with the same issues.

Can you enlighten me or acknowledge that MB has issues with epoxy/glue drying up inside the blank and cracking under heavy loads?
When asked if it was an issue with the first gen rods, I have been brushed off or simply not answered.

As I do understand you wouldn’t be allowed to divulgate such details, from what I can read from your post, is that MB is having issues with components.

What is frustrating to me, is that I am told by MB that this has never been heard of :-s [-(
I will look into your question and try to get an answer. I am not gonna guess or throw out a canned answer as I have only seen or heard of that issue mentioned here on a couple of posts. Not trying to be evasive either as I am being sincere. I want correct info out there and do not want to guess.
Also to be clear I was not referring to MB having component issues at all. I am saying the effort was started as the push to establish a MOA market here made it a necessity to keep things most can reasonable expect to possibly need in the future. Rod guides get stepped on and broken quite a bit no matter the brand as an example. By stocking those items it simply makes better sense for the customer and MOA. Nothing less, nothing more.
We are not dealing with products made just down the road and with MOA still working on maximizing and streamlining how they operate in the U.S. market we will see some issues arise that are an opportunity to improve upon and learn.
In no way am I saying MB is having component issues because that is simply not accurate in the least.

I choose to come here and chime in on the good posts concerning MB so I have no issue trying to help out on the rare not so good posts. It comes with the territory of representing a brand. I extend the offer to anyone that has a concern, issue or question that I will do what I can to get your the help and/or answers I can. I also want to stress that I am just a regular guy. I do not have any decision making power and more than anything I am just trying to pass info on from customers directly to MOA and vice versa. I am not guaranteeing anyone the answer they want to hear but I will try to help out in any way I can via the avenues I have available. Thanks
Last edited by M Perry on Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

389Maverick
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by 389Maverick » Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:10 am

Darkhorse wrote:
389Maverick wrote:

I will look into your question and try to get an answer. I am not gonna guess or throw out a canned answer as I have only seen or heard of that issue mentioned here on a couple of posts. Not trying to be evasive either as I am being sincere. I want correct info out there and do not want to guess.
Also to be clear I was not referring to MB having component issues at all. I am saying the effort was started as the push to establish a MOA market here made it a necessity to keep things most can reasonable expect to possibly need in the future. Rod guides get stepped on and broken quite a bit no matter the brand as an example. By stocking those items it simply makes better sense for the customer and MOA. Nothing less, nothing more.
We are not dealing with products made just down the road and with MOA still working on maximizing and streamlining how they operate in the U.S. market we will see some issues arise that are an opportunity to improve upon and learn.
In no way am I saying MB is having component issues because that is simply not accurate in the least.

I choose to come here and chime in on the good posts concerning MB so I have no issue trying to help out on the rare not so good posts. It comes with the territory of representing a brand. I extend the offer to anyone that has a concern, issue or question that I will do what I can to get your the help and/or answers I can. Thanks
Thank you, your devotion is appreciated.

M Perry
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by M Perry » Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:17 am

389Maverick wrote:
Darkhorse wrote:
389Maverick wrote:

I choose to come here and chime in on the good posts concerning MB so I have no issue trying to help out on the rare not so good posts. It comes with the territory of representing a brand. I extend the offer to anyone that has a concern, issue or question that I will do what I can to get your the help and/or answers I can. Thanks
I knew the job was dangerous when I took it...... :D

In all seriousness MB has such a stellar reputation and great products posts like these are rare enough that it is easy to work with them on.

jlb
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by jlb » Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:38 am

Darkhorse wrote:
389Maverick wrote:
Darkhorse wrote:
389Maverick wrote:

I knew the job was dangerous when I took it...... :D

In all seriousness MB has such a stellar reputation and great products posts like these are rare enough that it is easy to work with them on.
I have had 2 issues in a matter of a couple months and one is still not resolved so i dont know how you can say that.

lape0019
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by lape0019 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:46 am

Hi Darkhorse,

I too have an issue with a XX rod rattling. I will send you a pm with the details.

mdesouza
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by mdesouza » Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:48 am

I too have one of those "rattling rods" as well and it was purchased from the same dealer as 389Maverick. I also have 4 other XX rods (2 from the same retailed and 2 from another). The other 4 are perfectly fine.

I actually found out about the rattling before I even fished the rod. But because it was bought on clearance I could not return it. So I have a rod that was defective from the day I bought it, but will have to pay an additional $50 fee to get it replaced because I am in Canada. I know that the warranty page on MOA states this, but if a rod is defective from the day it was bought it should be the company to absorb any cost in changing said product. IMO.

Is the $50 fee only due to the shipping cost?

Mike D