NRX blue vs green

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
fishing fanatic
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

NRX blue vs green

Post by fishing fanatic » Sun Nov 30, 2014 3:28 pm

Hello guys I have a question for you all. Now I've been waiting to buy a g Loomis nrx rod for a while now and I'm buying it for sensitivity. I was wundering if there's a difference in sensitivity between the blue version and green version, because I've heard some things about the green being not as sensitive, but also on TW the reviews on the blue version are saying there's some problems with the reel seat. Ok well thanks.

tywithay
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: NRX blue vs green

Post by tywithay » Sun Nov 30, 2014 4:15 pm

The reel seat issue was resolved, as far as I've seen. It was a problem right when they were released. As far as sensitivity, it's pretty subjective. It's likely that you wouldn't feel any difference, though a few folks feel a slight difference. The green is plenty sensitive though. I'd buy the color you prefer looking at.

jeb
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by jeb » Sun Nov 30, 2014 8:14 pm

I have several of each. While I prefer the blue wraps from a looks perspective, I like the clear coating on the green ones. Keeps blank "war wounds" from appearing much better than the non-coated blue ones. I notice no difference in sensitivity, and I have some rods in the exact same model, but each color, like the CRR873. Both are extremely sensitive.

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:27 pm

It's a personal preference on aesthetics in my opinion as I've also fished both green and blue of the exact same model. I can't discern any difference in sensitivity between the two. They're literally the exact same blank with a slightly different finish. If you're looking for some NRX rods, shoot me a PM and I'll be glad to get you set up with what you need at Tackle Tour member pricing.

maxpowers
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by maxpowers » Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:22 am

I have and actively fish both, I can't tell a difference, it depends which you like looking at more in my opinion.

Ham Solo
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Ham Solo » Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:52 am

I fish the blue and my son fishes the green (that way we know who's grabbing what when we share the front deck :lol:) However, he's used mine and I've used his on occasion. Neither of us detected any difference in weight, sensitivity, etc. Other than the color and handle lengths, they are the same.

fishing fanatic
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by fishing fanatic » Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:24 am

Okay thanks guys.