G Loomis E6X

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
Fishinfanatic115
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

G Loomis E6X

Post by Fishinfanatic115 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 3:28 am

Hey guys, just a heads up that Loomis posted the full lineup on their website! All models are there, just no prices!

ncbass
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: G Loomis E6X

Post by ncbass » Fri Feb 06, 2015 3:36 am

American Legacy has prices !!!!

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Fri Feb 06, 2015 3:48 am

The Tackle Trap has all the pricing and specs on our website and we're officially accepting pre-orders for them!

smalljaw
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by smalljaw » Fri Feb 06, 2015 4:16 am

I would really love to see the weights on them for that price, I'd like to give the 845 CBR a shot but it would have to be lighter than the GL2 which I don't know if it can happen being it is priced lower than a GL2 and the blank on that rod is just dull to say the least.

Bantam1
Manufacturer Support
Manufacturer Support

Post by Bantam1 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 6:38 am

They are lighter than GL2 rods. That was one of the requirements for the new series.

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Fri Feb 06, 2015 6:42 am

smalljaw wrote:I would really love to see the weights on them for that price, I'd like to give the 845 CBR a shot but it would have to be lighter than the GL2 which I don't know if it can happen being it is priced lower than a GL2 and the blank on that rod is just dull to say the least.
I was just talking to one of the guys at Loomis. The new E6X rods are "up to 19% lighter" than GL2 - some rods meet that mark, some are 4 to 5% lighter, but overall, the line is lighter than GL2. I've fished the 845 and several other models this past fall during the design and testing phase. I think they'll be well received when folks get these in hand with regard to performance and value. These E6X blanks actually incorporate multi-taper technology which is noticeable when fighting a fish.

trent_s
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by trent_s » Fri Feb 06, 2015 6:45 am

Bantam1 wrote:They are lighter than GL2 rods. That was one of the requirements for the new series.

I hope your posting on other sites as well...I feel this may be the wrong demographic to target...but we are an eccentric bunch here :lol:

Bantam1
Manufacturer Support
Manufacturer Support

Post by Bantam1 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:16 am

I'm only on the sites that we have forums on. Usually word will spread and we have good dealers like the Tackle Trap that can help describe the rods.

karirick
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by karirick » Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:39 am

Bantam1 wrote:I'm only on the sites that we have forums on. Usually word will spread and we have good dealers like the Tackle Trap that can help describe the rods.
Bantam do they compare to GL3 from a sensitivity standpoint? Strength? The line-up is pretty good all around, but a bit risky to compete price point wise with the longtime known GL2's? I look forward to handling one at least.

Rick

21farms
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by 21farms » Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:40 am

the neon green color is gonna perfectly match the JDM zillion TWS 9:1 :mrgreen:

SLM
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by SLM » Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:59 am

Based on the sub $200 price point, I'd assume sensitivity of the E6X line is below their GL2, GL3 and Mossyback graphites. Would this be correct?

hobobob
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by hobobob » Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:31 am

SLM wrote:Based on the sub $200 price point, I'd assume sensitivity of the E6X line is below their GL2, GL3 and Mossyback graphites. Would this be correct?
X2, where does it stands? I am happy to see some mag bass rods are back in action, but I am not buying an ugly stick.

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:41 am

SLM wrote:Based on the sub $200 price point, I'd assume sensitivity of the E6X line is below their GL2, GL3 and Mossyback graphites. Would this be correct?
I wouldn't assume that. Technological advances in materials, techniques, and efficiency progress what can be done when building a rod. The Loomis factory is an impressive sight to behold, and staffed by dedicated, hard working folks who care about the end result. Based on my experience with these rods, they're going to be a real player at their price point.

cndbasshunter
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by cndbasshunter » Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:11 am

bronzefly wrote:
I wouldn't assume that. Technological advances in materials, techniques, and efficiency progress what can be done when building a rod. The Loomis factory is an impressive sight to behold, and staffed by dedicated, hard working folks who care about the end result. Based on my experience with these rods, they're going to be a real player at their price point.
Agreed. I like them more than gl2 and gl3 for sure.

SLM
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by SLM » Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:48 pm

bronzefly wrote:
Where would you place E6X' sensitivity in the Loomis hierarchy of graphites? Has Loomis made corresponding improvements in the graphite used in their GL3 and Mossyback lines?