2 piece spinning rod joints

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
tditox4
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: 2 piece spinning rod joints

Post by tditox4 » Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:45 pm

That spigot ferrule is U -G-L-Y ! , in my opinion . I would not and will not but a rod that looks like that . Thanks rifle for telling me about the tranpo . Give me the murican ferrule anytime and everytime .

Bassmar
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Bassmar » Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:25 am

tditox4 wrote:That spigot ferrule is U -G-L-Y ! , in my opinion . I would not and will not but a rod that looks like that . Thanks rifle for telling me about the tranpo . Give me the murican ferrule anytime and everytime .
I must agree with you. UGLY. How can they spoil an otherwise beautiful rod with such an eyesore. Looks like some sort of home made do it yourself fix. No matter how functional it is. Uuurrghh :cry:
The two piece Shimanos and Daiwas I had as a kid had perfectly functional joints that at a quick glance looked exactly the same as all the other wraps on the rod. They never failed me. Can't understand the need for these eyesores. :)

tditox4
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by tditox4 » Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:34 am

Your said it perfectly!!! Let's both add a few more UGLIES in our comment.

hobobob
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by hobobob » Mon Apr 06, 2015 3:22 am

Ugly is in the eye of the beholder. I'll take function over form any day of the week. I am not going to any beauty contest with my tackle. I am there to fish, better yet, spank my buddy with my ugly a$$ combo.

uljersey
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by uljersey » Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:59 am

hobobob wrote:Ugly is in the eye of the beholder. I'll take function over form any day of the week. I am not going to any beauty contest with my tackle. I am there to fish, better yet, spank my buddy with my ugly a$$ combo.
YEEEEEESSSSSS !!!!! :big grin:

MondayMonkey
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by MondayMonkey » Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:28 am

hobobob wrote:Ugly is in the eye of the beholder. I'll take function over form any day of the week. I am not going to any beauty contest with my tackle. I am there to fish, better yet, spank my buddy with my ugly a$$ combo.
That can't be good for the rod :shock: or anyone who happens to be watching...

tditox4
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by tditox4 » Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:00 am

MondayMonkey wrote:
That can't be good for the rod :shock: or anyone who happens to be watching...
WATCHING!!!!......HAHAHA!!!!...thats funny!