Megabass Levante

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
sorrychow
Angler
Angler

Re: Megabass Levante

Post by sorrychow » Thu Dec 17, 2015 12:40 am

bruce S wrote:I 'm pulling the plug on the flat side special .. :D
Any feedback on the flat side special? Anyone have any input on this particular model paired with a Zonda or Alphas reel as far as balance?

biggs
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by biggs » Mon Dec 21, 2015 5:06 am

Anymore feedback on any models??

kstephes033
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by kstephes033 » Mon Dec 21, 2015 6:25 am

Curious to know how the PP balances with the Metanium?

GaterB
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by GaterB » Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:24 pm

Does anyone have a direct comparison between the FSS in the Levante and XX lines??

665 almostevil
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by 665 almostevil » Thu Dec 31, 2015 12:55 am

GaterB wrote:Does anyone have a direct comparison between the FSS in the Levante and XX lines??
I ordered a levante perfect pitch today I have a couple xx when it gets here I will post up what I can see.

cndbasshunter
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by cndbasshunter » Thu Dec 31, 2015 1:13 am

perfect pitch xx feels much lighter than levante when i had them side to side.

DelcoSol
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by DelcoSol » Fri Jan 01, 2016 3:13 am

I am looking for a lighter cranking rod to compliment my Dobyns 705CB. Mainly looking to throw square bills, DT4-6, Jerkbaits. Was thinking about trying the Levante FSS or Swingfire. Trying to keep it under $200, also considering the Tatula if anyone has feedback on that.

Fishing4Fun
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Fishing4Fun » Fri Jan 01, 2016 6:42 am

Lighter, as in lighter in power or in overall rod weight?

DelcoSol
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by DelcoSol » Fri Jan 01, 2016 7:06 am

Sorry, power.

665 almostevil
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by 665 almostevil » Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:35 pm

cndbasshunter wrote:perfect pitch xx feels much lighter than levante when i had them side to side.
The Levante is tip heavy I put a TD on it I put a steez on it and a tws zillion on it to try to balance it out and it still was tip heavy. Is the xx tip heavy ? (perfect pitch)

jpmoney
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by jpmoney » Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:32 pm

665 almostevil wrote:
cndbasshunter wrote:perfect pitch xx feels much lighter than levante when i had them side to side.
The Levante is tip heavy I put a TD on it I put a steez on it and a tws zillion on it to try to balance it out and it still was tip heavy. Is the xx tip heavy ? (perfect pitch)
The XX perfect pitch is not tip heavy at all. In fact it's very well balanced even without a reel on it. With a 5.8oz steez the balance point is about 1/4 inch from the tip of the cork lockdown. With a 7.8oz MB IP79L the balance point is even better at about 1/2 inch from the top of the cork lockdown. Even using a light steez reel, the XX perfect pitch feels very well balanced

Chode
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Chode » Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:56 pm

665 almostevil wrote:
xx pp is one of the most well balanced rods i've ever held. purely on weight, it's on the heaver side (6ozish) but because it's so well balanced, it really does feel lighter in hand.

665 almostevil
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by 665 almostevil » Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:32 am

jpmoney wrote:
665 almostevil wrote:
The XX perfect pitch is not tip heavy at all. In fact it's very well balanced even without a reel on it. With a 5.8oz steez the balance point is about 1/4 inch from the tip of the cork lockdown. With a 7.8oz MB IP79L the balance point is even better at about 1/2 inch from the top of the cork lockdown. Even using a light steez reel, the XX perfect pitch feels very well balanced

Awesome thanks! Overall I do like the Levante for the price point. But was disappointed in the balance of the pitch perfect. Next one is the Leviathan for a-rigs

sorrychow
Angler
Angler

Post by sorrychow » Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:06 am

triple_illusion wrote:So with special thanks to Gary at the Tackle Trap and Megabass USA, I am pleased to report that I have been issued a brand new, unblemished Levante Leviathan. MB USA covered the return shipping on the blemished rod. Gary made sure the connection to Megabass was very smooth and pleasant for me! Thanks guys! Here is a shot from todays trip, fishing was poor so no big catches just some nice fall colors….
You had a chance to fish the Leviathan some more? Do you think it can handle the bigger glide baits (SS 250 & I-slide 262) comfortably?

JEDI FISH
Angler
Angler

Post by JEDI FISH » Fri Jan 08, 2016 2:16 am

For those who have experienced both the XX and Levante Leviathan...... If price wasn't the determining factor, which rod would you prefer, or are they so close in comparison that price is the only variable? Thanks again.