Cousins rods

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
Afrayedknot
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Cousins rods

Post by Afrayedknot » Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:18 am

http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Cousins_ ... COUCR.html

Anyone get their hands on any of these rods? The components and build quality look quite nice.

Pegasus
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Cousins rods

Post by Pegasus » Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:39 am

The handle for the 7' 6" flip is a little too long for my taste, but the rod looks nice

smalljaw
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by smalljaw » Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:46 am

I got some specs on their rods from their customer relations guy, the models I looked at seemed to be heavier than what I would like, not that I'm focused on weight entirely but there is a point when a rod becomes sluggish and with 3 coats of slow cure finish I'm guessing they worry about durability rather than weight and responsiveness. I would still like to know how they perform as the components are good so a little weight is tolerable if the rod balances out and has good feel to it.

stripersneed help
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by stripersneed help » Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:15 am

Reviving this thread to hopefully get some more feedback on cousins rods after a year. I have been looking for a new stick, I'm looking for something to handle some variety but most of its work coming from bottom contact baits. I was in a local shop the other day and pulled on an e6x 843, phenix m1 72mh, and cousins raze 733pt. The cousins and the phenix behaved almost identically and I determined I liked the cousins more due to a better feeling reel seat. The shop did not have the 734 cousins raze in stock, I would have been curious to pull on that as well. The shop also did not have any IM8 series cousins on the shelf I would have liked to pull on those too. I am looking for any opinions from guys who own these rods and are fishing them.