Phenix Rods K2s

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
Vince Borges
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Phenix Rods K2s

Post by Vince Borges » Mon Sep 21, 2015 3:03 am

Well the heavily anticipated K2s are finally in and shipping to dealers. There are 12 models total. 4 casting 2 spinning in One piece. And 4 casting 2 spinning in two piece. The 6 actions to start with are the most popular actions from the K2s, but all will be added in the future. They are AMAZINGLY light and beautiful!

Chode
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Phenix Rods K2s

Post by Chode » Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:09 am

hmmm, sounds like an oct release date

Hennessy
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Hennessy » Mon Sep 21, 2015 9:57 am

I'll believe it when I see it. Nothing on tackle warehouse yet, not even for pre orders. I noticed on the models that mh is the highest ratings. Do these rods fish stiffer or lighter, rating wise?

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:02 pm

Um 2 piece? Will these blanks be available for purchase as well??

Vince Borges
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Vince Borges » Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:46 am

There is a 765Heavy is the heaviest action at this time. Tackle Warehouses order actually just shipped today. All dealers that pre-ordered will be getting them in the next week or so.

BigG
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by BigG » Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:15 am

Can't wait for reviews, it was been a long time coming.

Hennessy
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Hennessy » Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:21 pm

Vince Borges wrote:Well the heavily anticipated K2s are finally in and shipping to dealers. There are 12 models total. 4 casting 2 spinning in One piece. And 4 casting 2 spinning in two piece. The 6 actions to start with are the most popular actions from the K2s, but all will be added in the future. They are AMAZINGLY light and beautiful!
Are you talking nrx light? Do you have the rod weights of the one piece casting models?

Chode
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Chode » Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:50 pm

Hennessy wrote:
Vince Borges wrote:Well the heavily anticipated K2s are finally in and shipping to dealers. There are 12 models total. 4 casting 2 spinning in One piece. And 4 casting 2 spinning in two piece. The 6 actions to start with are the most popular actions from the K2s, but all will be added in the future. They are AMAZINGLY light and beautiful!
Are you talking nrx light? Do you have the rod weights of the one piece casting models?
if they're light, i hope they're balanced. all the kistler rods i've used are light as a feather (under 4oz) but crazy unbalanced making it completely pointless to be that light.

KP Duty
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by KP Duty » Wed Sep 23, 2015 5:24 am

Chode wrote:
Hennessy wrote:
Vince Borges wrote:Well the heavily anticipated K2s are finally in and shipping to dealers. There are 12 models total. 4 casting 2 spinning in One piece. And 4 casting 2 spinning in tofwo piece. The 6 actions to start with are the most popular actions from the K2s, but all will be added in the future. They are AMAZINGLY light and beautiful!
if they're light, i hope they're balanced. all the kistler rods i've used are light as a feather (under 4oz) but crazy unbalanced making it completely pointless to be that light.
The handle length generally tells me all I need to know regarding balance. I'm not sure why all the manufacturers started shortening rod handles. Loomis did it with the nrx and Daiwa did it to the steez. Reminds me of when a new model of your favorite sports car is released with more power and then you find out it weighs 300 lbs more. Can I get an anen?

BucketHunter
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by BucketHunter » Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:28 am

ANEN!

?

Mattman
TT Gear Crew
TT Gear Crew
Location: Fergus Falls, MN - Otterods - Hand Crafted High Performance Fishing Rods

Post by Mattman » Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:38 am

KP Duty wrote:
The handle length generally tells me all I need to know regarding balance.
lol

Exactly.

People want longer and longer rods...and want their handles to stay the same length...and don't understand why they feel tip heavy. :doh:

speckdog
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by speckdog » Thu Sep 24, 2015 3:40 pm

Chode wrote:
Hennessy wrote:
The Kistler ZBone series is not tip heavy at all, I did have one of the HEL3 rods and it was tip heavy.

KP Duty
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by KP Duty » Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:39 pm

I can't find them on phenix's website.

Chode
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Chode » Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:51 pm

speckdog wrote:
Chode wrote:
Hennessy wrote:
The Kistler ZBone series is not tip heavy at all, I did have one of the HEL3 rods and it was tip heavy.
yea i was def referring to the he3. sold it after a week and contemplating selling my klx as well

KP Duty
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by KP Duty » Fri Sep 25, 2015 5:00 am

It's even more frustrating when you find that holding your unbalanced rod with your pinky in front of the trigger makes it balance perfectly and all they needed to do was give that handle another inch.