Looking to add another NRX

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
BigG
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Looking to add another NRX

Post by BigG » Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:21 am

Recommend whoever you choose, but talking down about a sponsor, is dirty pool. I have shopped around and have nothing but good things to say about any store discussed here. You don't have anything nice to say about a sponsor don't say anything. If you don't like a sponsor keep your comments to yourself or start your own forum.

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:17 pm

Thanks for the positive replies guys. These kinds of petty vendettas are sometimes unavoidable as everyone can't be pleased all the time. Generally they aren't aired publicly in such a sophomoric fashion however. On the bright side, they always pass like the painfully short fishing season of our friends up north :lol: The Tackle Trap is a proud Tackle Tour sponsor and we plan to continue to be in the future. Should anyone have any questions or concerns about The Tackle Trap, our sponsorship of Tackle Tour, or the deals we offer Tackle Tour members, feel free to contact me. In the meantime, we'll keep working to do what we do. Maybe we should focus on getting Rich the right NRX for his intended purposes regardless where he decides to buy it. I still think the CRR 873 would make him very happy :big grin:

USA-RET
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by USA-RET » Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:38 pm

:whistle:
Image1.jpg
Image1.jpg (87.3 KiB) Viewed 4356 times

basscattrent
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by basscattrent » Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:24 pm

bronzefly wrote:Thanks for the positive replies guys. These kinds of petty vendettas are sometimes unavoidable as everyone can't be pleased all the time. Generally they aren't aired publicly in such a sophomoric fashion however. On the bright side, they always pass like the painfully short fishing season of our friends up north :lol: The Tackle Trap is a proud Tackle Tour sponsor and we plan to continue to be in the future. Should anyone have any questions or concerns about The Tackle Trap, our sponsorship of Tackle Tour, or the deals we offer Tackle Tour members, feel free to contact me. In the meantime, we'll keep working to do what we do. Maybe we should focus on getting Rich the right NRX for his intended purposes regardless where he decides to buy it. I still think the CRR 873 would make him very happy :big grin:
I have done business with both companies and they both have great customer =D> service which is hard to come by now days. My hat is off to both companies I wish them both the best but like Gary said lets put our focus back on the original question Rich posted. Some things are better/best stated in a PM, Rich I hope you find what you are looking for I know I love my NRX rods.
rich in co wrote:Hi Guys,

I'm looking to add another NRX, I currentley have a 984C, and 843C MBR. Im looking to add a WJ rod that falls in between the two I curentley have I'm eyeballing the 873C,853, & 893C what I need to know is if the tips are stiffer than the MBR. I love the MBR for working rigs on the lower end of its lure rating, but when I get into the 5/8 range my personel preferance would be for a stiffer tip.

Any advice would be appreciated

Rich

basscattrent
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by basscattrent » Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:24 pm

bronzefly wrote:Thanks for the positive replies guys. These kinds of petty vendettas are sometimes unavoidable as everyone can't be pleased all the time. Generally they aren't aired publicly in such a sophomoric fashion however. On the bright side, they always pass like the painfully short fishing season of our friends up north :lol: The Tackle Trap is a proud Tackle Tour sponsor and we plan to continue to be in the future. Should anyone have any questions or concerns about The Tackle Trap, our sponsorship of Tackle Tour, or the deals we offer Tackle Tour members, feel free to contact me. In the meantime, we'll keep working to do what we do. Maybe we should focus on getting Rich the right NRX for his intended purposes regardless where he decides to buy it. I still think the CRR 873 would make him very happy :big grin:
I have done business with both companies and they both have great customer =D> service which is hard to come by now days. My hat is off to both companies I wish them both the best but like Gary said lets put our focus back on the original question Rich posted below. Some things are better/best stated in a PM, Rich I hope you find what you are looking for I know I love my NRX rods.
rich in co wrote:Hi Guys,

I'm looking to add another NRX, I currentley have a 984C, and 843C MBR. Im looking to add a WJ rod that falls in between the two I curentley have I'm eyeballing the 873C,853, & 893C what I need to know is if the tips are stiffer than the MBR. I love the MBR for working rigs on the lower end of its lure rating, but when I get into the 5/8 range my personel preferance would be for a stiffer tip.

Any advice would be appreciated

Rich

rich in co
Angler
Angler

Post by rich in co » Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:10 pm

Thanks for all the info guys.

Batson-Brands
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Batson-Brands » Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:53 pm

The Tackle Trap are great guys.. We aren't even affiliated in any way, but even when we have a question or two, the tackle trap have been right on it!

Silas
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Silas » Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:46 am

Jdmbassman wrote:
steve1206 wrote:
Jdmbassman wrote:Get in touch with http://www.thehookuptackle.com

They are cheaper and the service is better

I got my 3 NRX rods there and I couldn't be happier.
Stop with the shameless plugs. They have no place here. "Cheaper" and "better" comparatives are weak....
each to their own but I have no affiliation with any seller.

All I can say is don't be shocked if you don't get a fair price with Tackle Trap. With the the seller I suggested, there is no messing around, they give you their best price, you don't need to wait for so called specials.

I've bought $8k worth of fishing equipment over the last couple of months and I know who I will continue to do business with.
My, Aren't you SPECIAL!

meach
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by meach » Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:42 am

Kids these days ..Lol guy just gave his opinion unless you know he affiliated w that business, then it's just a harmless opinion...we all respect Gary because of how generously he gives his time and offers a good service.I understand defending him..have done biz with both places and no complaints for either. $395 for a new nrx is a good price..I paid $325 for a mint rep sample so I'd jump on a new one for less than msrp.anyways..lol. (purchased through Gary btw)