Dobyns Champion Extreme HP video = new DX rods

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
Dam0007
Angler
Angler

Re: Dobyns Champion Extreme HP video = new DX rods

Post by Dam0007 » Fri Nov 13, 2015 4:58 pm

bassmaster_flex wrote:
pharmboy2010 wrote:I'm debating on whether some of my DX rods "need" to be replaced... :lol:
I swear, my 745 was just sitting there, and all of a sudden it broke by itself. I guess I need to replace it.
I'm in tears!!! Lmaooooooooooo

zodiak311
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by zodiak311 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 5:09 am

Are the guide frames titanium?

Lefty3244
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Lefty3244 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:51 am

I've been looking for a new jig rod. Was looking at the Loomis lineup in the GLX or NRX but definitely going to have to take a peek at these.

Hennessy
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Hennessy » Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:05 am

Lefty3244 wrote:I've been looking for a new jig rod. Was looking at the Loomis lineup in the GLX or NRX but definitely going to have to take a peek at these.
If your looking for the lightest most sensitive rod, nrx no question. If you dont, there's a good chance you'll end up selling your dx & upgrading later. If your after balance & warranty, go with the dx.

Chode
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Chode » Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:38 am

Lefty3244 wrote:I've been looking for a new jig rod. Was looking at the Loomis lineup in the GLX or NRX but definitely going to have to take a peek at these.
Might as well throw the k2 in the mix

MaxZmus
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by MaxZmus » Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:20 am

I hate to say it but after handling a few of the new Dx hp series I felt they were just too heavy overall. You could tell there was quite a bit of counterweight used to balance the rods. I still love my dx744 but I'm glad I didn't pull the trigger on a dxhp. On a side note, the new Fury series seem to be a good value at there price point.

Chode
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Chode » Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:58 am

MaxZmus wrote:I hate to say it but after handling a few of the new Dx hp series I felt they were just too heavy overall. You could tell there was quite a bit of counterweight used to balance the rods. I still love my dx744 but I'm glad I didn't pull the trigger on a dxhp. On a side note, the new Fury series seem to be a good value at there price point.
do u know the overall weight of the rod u tried?

MaxZmus
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by MaxZmus » Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:42 am

Chode wrote:
MaxZmus wrote:I hate to say it but after handling a few of the new Dx hp series I felt they were just too heavy overall. You could tell there was quite a bit of counterweight used to balance the rods. I still love my dx744 but I'm glad I didn't pull the trigger on a dxhp. On a side note, the new Fury series seem to be a good value at there price point.
I do not. I handled them at a show last weekend and compared them with other rods like the Fury, Irod gen2., loomis e6x, omen black 2 tc... and the dxhp just felt noticeably heavier than those other rods, but on par with the Fury series.

Chode
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Chode » Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:33 pm

MaxZmus wrote:
Chode wrote:
I do not. I handled them at a show last weekend and compared them with other rods like the Fury, Irod gen2., loomis e6x, omen black 2 tc... and the dxhp just felt noticeably heavier than those other rods, but on par with the Fury series.

i c. for those that have purchased the hp rods, do u mind posting the weights? thx

Nitroman77
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Nitroman77 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:27 am

Ill try and post my 704C, but I will tell you the HPs are lighter then the previous DXs.... ;)
the 745 from what Ive seen is nearly an ounce lighter...

jpmoney
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by jpmoney » Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:29 am

Too heavy?? :lol:

I can't fathom how a 5 oz ish rod would feel heavy to anyone. This new series is supposed to be lighter than its predecessor.

QUAKEnSHAKE
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by QUAKEnSHAKE » Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:13 pm

Id say 5oz would be pushing the limit for my liking no matter the balance. I dont even have a 5oz rod closest is 4.8(omen black) and dont use that one much. My most used rods are 7' M/F 3.4oz, 7' MH/F 3.5oz casting and 8' ML 3.6, 7'6" M/F 3.9 spinning.

Dink Dawg
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Dink Dawg » Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:09 pm

Okay, now you have my curiosity sparked. I weighed my Gen 2 DX784ML on a decent diet scale that measures in grams and ounces..... 4.82 ounces. My new DX743HP....4.61 ounces. The four snickerdoodle cookies I am now eating....4.1 ounce. Anyone want to trade a DX for my cookies? I'm on a "balanced" diet too. I have access to a court certified digital scale that weighs to the tenth of a gram. Nah. close enough for the cookie monster. :talk hand:

Bassmar
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Bassmar » Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:58 pm

Dink Dawg wrote:Okay, now you have my curiosity sparked. I weighed my Gen 2 DX784ML on a decent diet scale that measures in grams and ounces..... 4.82 ounces. My new DX743HP....4.61 ounces. The four snickerdoodle cookies I am now eating....4.1 ounce. Anyone want to trade a DX for my cookies? I'm on a "balanced" diet too. I have access to a court certified digital scale that weighs to the tenth of a gram. Nah. close enough for the cookie monster. :talk hand:
=D> =D> :lol: :lol: :lol:
Did you have to add washers to your shoes to "balance"? :lol: :lol:

Dink Dawg
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Dink Dawg » Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:37 pm

Bassmar wrote:
Dink Dawg wrote:Okay, now you have my curiosity sparked. I weighed my Gen 2 DX784ML on a decent diet scale that measures in grams and ounces..... 4.82 ounces. My new DX743HP....4.61 ounces. The four snickerdoodle cookies I am now eating....4.1 ounce. Anyone want to trade a DX for my cookies? I'm on a "balanced" diet too. I have access to a court certified digital scale that weighs to the tenth of a gram. Nah. close enough for the cookie monster. :talk hand:
=D> =D> :lol: :lol: :lol:
Did you have to add washers to your shoes to "balance"? :lol: :lol:

I just put some suspend dots in my shorts.