Best Frog rod

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
Jdmbassman
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Best Frog rod

Post by Jdmbassman » Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:46 am

I liked it, I didn't realize that Daiwa made such expensive rods. Anyway, that's what I read and then there was something about saving someone from downing ;)

jpmoney
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by jpmoney » Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:16 pm

ccass wrote:You could always give the Compile X a shot

Advantages: super natural powers over nature, miraculous automatic sponsorships

Disadvantages: didn;t include a free window sticker

" I was, initially, skeptical of the $600 price tag on this rod but decided to go ahead with my online order. BassPro.com shipping was as fast and free as a girl I once knew in Longview, Texas (but that’s another story). Upon receiving the Daiwa Steez Compile-X Bass Trigger Rod in the mail I could immediately tell that my life was about to be drastically different. My first natural thought was to attach my recently acquired Daiwa Steez EX Baitcast Reel. Before I even had the chance to do so, I heard a voice. A voice as real as any voice I have ever heard in my life… only with a touch of reverb on it... saying; “Use The Force, Dave. Use The Force…”. It was the unmistakable voice of bass fishing pioneer and tournament-fishing legend, Ricky Green. I laid the reel to my side and put the bare rod into my plain black Humvee for a drive down to the water’s edge.As I arrived at the marina I noticed that people were staring at my truck. It’s a slick truck, but; staring? I got out and went around to the back hatch to retrieve the Steez when I noticed what was generating all the looks. I can’t explain what happened but it did. Somehow, between the time I put the rod in the truck and when I pulled into the marina, my Humvee had become completely tricked out with sponsor logos! All over! The sport’s greatest names were, somehow, magically plastered all over this beautiful beast of a ride. Nitro, Strike-King, Yeti, Tuf-Line, Power-Pole, Bass Pro Shops, Coors Light, Dorito’s; they were all there… most of all, Diawa. I was shocked but played it off like I was a pro. With my Diawa Steez Compile-X’s AirFoam split grips securely in hand, I walked with the confidence of Kevin VanDam toward the docks. A nearby pick-up truck stereo was loudly playing Steve Miller Band’s “The Joker” and I strolled in time with the music as the ladies were obviously taking notice of me and the cut-proof, corrosion-free Fuji titanium-frame SiC guides gleaming in the summer sun.The moment was shattered by cries for help from 3 docks down. Someone was drowning! I raced to the boat ramp just beside the pier and saw the weak splashing of a swimmer begin to subside. It was at that moment the Daiwa Steez Compile-X Bass Trigger Rod began to vibrate slightly in my hand and emanate what I can only call a low, near sub-audible, hum. Suddenly and uncontrollably, my arm flashed forward as the 8 foot rod cracked the sky with the thunderous sound of a bull whip outstretched over the choppy whitecaps toward the doomed swimmer. The water began to bubble with activity. In seconds, there was a huge school of bass. All of them were 8 pounds or bigger. They seemed to form up and create a life raft of fish in a coordinated and sentient effort. With their collective power, they lifted the swimmer’s head and body above the water line and carried her directly to my feet at the bottom of the ramp. She coughed up a bit of lake water and looked into my eyes.“Thank you, fishmaster.” She gulped…“Thank you and God bless you and your Daiwa Steez Compile-X Bass Trigger Rod. You and those award worthy bass have saved my life.”I nonchalantly winked and nodded as I turned to walk away. Headed back to my, now, fully sponsored Humvee I noticed that something was new and different. Behind it was a brand new 2015 NITRO Z-9 boat with 225 L OptiMax Pro XS and trailer!! Everyone cheered for me as I approached the rig in disbelief. While my new rod and I were saving a life, it had simply appeared out of nowhere! Sponsor logos in place, of course.All in all, I will give the Daiwa Steez Compile-X Bass Trigger Rod a positive review but will reserve final judgment for when I have fitted it with the Daiwa Steez EX Baitcast Reel. Although, that may never actually be necessary. "

Sounds like the rod you need for frogging
:lol: this is one of the funniest things I have ever read!! Classic

jpmoney
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by jpmoney » Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:16 pm

" I was, initially, skeptical of the $600 price tag on this rod but decided to go ahead with my online order. BassPro.com shipping was as fast and free as a girl I once knew in Longview, Texas (but that’s another story). Upon receiving the Daiwa Steez Compile-X Bass Trigger Rod in the mail I could immediately tell that my life was about to be drastically different. My first natural thought was to attach my recently acquired Daiwa Steez EX Baitcast Reel. Before I even had the chance to do so, I heard a voice. A voice as real as any voice I have ever heard in my life… only with a touch of reverb on it... saying; “Use The Force, Dave. Use The Force…”. It was the unmistakable voice of bass fishing pioneer and tournament-fishing legend, Ricky Green. I laid the reel to my side and put the bare rod into my plain black Humvee for a drive down to the water’s edge.As I arrived at the marina I noticed that people were staring at my truck. It’s a slick truck, but; staring? I got out and went around to the back hatch to retrieve the Steez when I noticed what was generating all the looks. I can’t explain what happened but it did. Somehow, between the time I put the rod in the truck and when I pulled into the marina, my Humvee had become completely tricked out with sponsor logos! All over! The sport’s greatest names were, somehow, magically plastered all over this beautiful beast of a ride. Nitro, Strike-King, Yeti, Tuf-Line, Power-Pole, Bass Pro Shops, Coors Light, Dorito’s; they were all there… most of all, Diawa. I was shocked but played it off like I was a pro. With my Diawa Steez Compile-X’s AirFoam split grips securely in hand, I walked with the confidence of Kevin VanDam toward the docks. A nearby pick-up truck stereo was loudly playing Steve Miller Band’s “The Joker” and I strolled in time with the music as the ladies were obviously taking notice of me and the cut-proof, corrosion-free Fuji titanium-frame SiC guides gleaming in the summer sun.The moment was shattered by cries for help from 3 docks down. Someone was drowning! I raced to the boat ramp just beside the pier and saw the weak splashing of a swimmer begin to subside. It was at that moment the Daiwa Steez Compile-X Bass Trigger Rod began to vibrate slightly in my hand and emanate what I can only call a low, near sub-audible, hum. Suddenly and uncontrollably, my arm flashed forward as the 8 foot rod cracked the sky with the thunderous sound of a bull whip outstretched over the choppy whitecaps toward the doomed swimmer. The water began to bubble with activity. In seconds, there was a huge school of bass. All of them were 8 pounds or bigger. They seemed to form up and create a life raft of fish in a coordinated and sentient effort. With their collective power, they lifted the swimmer’s head and body above the water line and carried her directly to my feet at the bottom of the ramp. She coughed up a bit of lake water and looked into my eyes.“Thank you, fishmaster.” She gulped…“Thank you and God bless you and your Daiwa Steez Compile-X Bass Trigger Rod. You and those award worthy bass have saved my life.”I nonchalantly winked and nodded as I turned to walk away. Headed back to my, now, fully sponsored Humvee I noticed that something was new and different. Behind it was a brand new 2015 NITRO Z-9 boat with 225 L OptiMax Pro XS and trailer!! Everyone cheered for me as I approached the rig in disbelief. While my new rod and I were saving a life, it had simply appeared out of nowhere! Sponsor logos in place, of course.All in all, I will give the Daiwa Steez Compile-X Bass Trigger Rod a positive review but will reserve final judgment for when I have fitted it with the Daiwa Steez EX Baitcast Reel. Although, that may never actually be necessary. "

:lol: this is one of the funniest things I have ever read!! Classic

StarTzar
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by StarTzar » Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:23 am

ccass wrote:Nobody was doubting it came from BPS. I copy and pasted the review back in March to TT. It was intended to be a joke, no need for the plagiarism police to come out.

As far as a frog rod goes, the Tatula is great. I owned 4 Tatulas. Light and powerful.
Ohhhhhhhhhhhh ...... Now I get it ....... LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOOL

Somerdink
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Somerdink » Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:06 am

I like Power Tackles FRG104.5-7'6" its a awesome stick for frogging and toads as well.

Bassmar
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Bassmar » Fri Dec 04, 2015 2:38 pm

Classic =D> =D> =D> I think you have missed your calling in life, wasting time fishing when you should be script writing :lol: . Can't wait for the second installment. \:D/

jwfflipper14
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by jwfflipper14 » Fri Dec 04, 2015 7:45 pm

I like the Kistler H3 X-Heavy 7' -6" Fast A very nice stick for heavy grass and pads
Also like the KLX Frog Jig Creature Worm Rod Hvy 7'-6" Rod

Jeff

Pen3
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Pen3 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:11 pm

Tray told me Kistler rods are backed by his holy christ, Jesus. So i bought it, but two months later it became discontinued for a blank change and went on sale 50% off. It was mint when i sold it, but nobody wanted to offer more than 25% of what i paid, so i just gave it away to my younger brother.

mark poulson
TT Pro Angler
TT Pro Angler

Post by mark poulson » Sat Dec 12, 2015 12:02 am

The Quantum Smoke 747 rod it a great frog rod. It throws frogs from 1/2 oz up really well, and it doubles for me as a Whopper Plopper 130 rod.
It has true micro guides, so no braid/flouro or mono leader because the knot does stick and cut down on the casting.
I throw straight 50 lb braid, and get really good distance, even with the 1/2 oz frogs.

poopformayor
Angler
Angler

Post by poopformayor » Sat Dec 12, 2015 1:18 am

Favorite frog rods will have to be the daiwa zillion and tatula frogging rods.

Jdmbassman
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Jdmbassman » Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:51 am

It's decision time on the Frog rod, I'm thinking the Diablo Fast Move will be out of its depth for Frogs. That will be my 1/2oz Swimbait plus 5" Hammer trailer, 3/8oz Swimjig plus Keitch Swing Impact Fat 3.8" trailer and deep diving crank rod (Megabass Deep-X 300 and Deep-Six Crankbaits)

Do I keep the Evergreen Super Stallion or Megabass Aaron Martens or sell both and get the Megabass C40 Mephisto ?

This is literally the last the last rod I need before I'm done so genuine assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Keep it reel and tight lines

Matthew

civicrr
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by civicrr » Sat Jan 16, 2016 9:33 am

Ha! This is TT. You won't ever be done.

Bass1980
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Bass1980 » Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:20 am

I've owned a 735c champ, XXPP, and X7AM and fished a C40 Mephisto on hollow body frogs. They're all pretty nice to me but they're all different rods.

735c has the softest tip of them. Great for working the frog. Balance and tip is the best feature on this rod. Sensitivity is ok but its for frogs so......

X7PP has an amazing tip and good backbone. Butt cap bothered me a bit. Made me feel like the handle was shorter than it really was. Just a personal feeling. On a side note very sensitive and makes a beast rod to pitch jigs into pads.

X7AM had the strongest backbone of them. Tip isn't all there as the taper is regular. TT said it can't cast far but I find it casting frogs very well. Super sensitive for a power rod incase you want to double duty it as a jig rod. Power won't be an issue at all. 2" longer would have been super on this rod.

Mephisto to me seems to be a less power, but more exotic X4 Destruction. Balances great and its taper makes it an all around Heavy rod. Makes a good frog rod but I wouldn't say perfect frog rod. Good for many things like swim jig, L chatterbaits, buzz bait, and spinnerbait. Weight and balance will make you like this rod.

Jdmbassman
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Jdmbassman » Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:39 am

Bass1980 wrote:I've owned a 735c champ, XXPP, and X7AM and fished a C40 Mephisto on hollow body frogs. They're all pretty nice to me but they're all different rods. .
May I ask what rod you actually use as with all your experience, it will probably work pretty well ;)

Bass1980
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Bass1980 » Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:35 am

To be honest I don't think I can recommend a perfect frog rod. It's all preference once you start using top of the line rods. Currently using the X7AM but one of the reason is because I like that rod for double duty and I just don't throw frogs a lot. Prime time frog season is very short in MN. Blank wise I like the XXPP the most for frogs of the ones I've mentioned but I still sold the rod :)