Best Frog rod

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
Chode
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Best Frog rod

Post by Chode » Wed Jan 20, 2016 6:12 am

i too can attest that Daiwa's warranty is top notch. My zillion broke twice, both from my clumsiness, and Daiwa replaced them both w/o charge

Jdmbiggie
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Jdmbiggie » Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:19 pm

dobyns dx 784 ml

spencerinstl
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by spencerinstl » Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:43 pm

The Steez XBD Frog Rod is a beautiful rod, very light and sensitive. Myself personally I didn't like how stiff the tip is, which makes it a chore to walk frogs. I ended up selling it. I like my Dobyns 735 for walking frogs. I just bought a Power Versatile and hear that it is an awesome frog rod among other things, I will have to try it out.

goblue
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by goblue » Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:52 am

I use a dobyns champion 735 for walking frogs.
Has everything a frog rod needs, light tip with
a faster action and plenty of backbone.
I don't know if its the best because its the best
I haven't tried any other, but it works fine for me.

BigG
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by BigG » Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:40 am

Been watching this threat since it appeared and still haven't seem my favorite. I love my MB BJ Power Versatile. It has a great taper and lots of power. MB should have named this rod the Guntersville Grass Rod. :lol:

maxpowers
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by maxpowers » Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:47 am

My FAVORITE Frog rod is my Poison Glorious Rushburn. Honestly, so crisp, and has the power to haul em out of the slop here.

Lafayette
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Lafayette » Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:58 am

The best frog rod don t exist IMO.

It depends where you fish and how you fish.

For exemple a 7.4 rod will be perfect to fish large weeds area, but if you like to skipp under docks or trees a 7 foot rod will be better.

Some people will prefer very stiff action, others will prefer more tip action...

Pen3
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Pen3 » Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:16 am

maxpowers wrote:My FAVORITE Frog rod is my Poison Glorious Rushburn. Honestly, so crisp, and has the power to haul em out of the slop here.
Really? I had that and the Delta, but it got sold fast. It was my first disappointment in a rod that expensive, but felt soo dead. By the end of the year it went on trades through three or more different owners.

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:30 am

Lafayette wrote:The best frog rod don t exist IMO.

It depends where you fish and how you fish.

For exemple a 7.4 rod will be perfect to fish large weeds area, but if you like to skipp under docks or trees a 7 foot rod will be better.

Some people will prefer very stiff action, others will prefer more tip action...
I'm partial to the Megabass F6.5-74XBJ for heavy slop and open water. The Megabass F6-68X7 Super Rekkai is a NASTY dock or over hang skipping frog rod among other uses, just an incredible rod =D>

basscattrent
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by basscattrent » Sat May 14, 2016 5:38 pm

Teal101 wrote:
cndbasshunter wrote:
masterbass wrote:I really love the XX perfect pitch.
X3

Honestly does it all when it comes to frogs.

I am guessing that means it kicks butt even through the thickest of grass as I fish a pond that is overloaded with grass, truly you hook up and then you are pulling in a ton of grass. I just ordered a Ninja Grass Blade to help me plow through the Jungle. Any extra info appreciated on this rod and other full handled frog rods appreciated.

Traybird
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Traybird » Mon May 16, 2016 12:04 am

I use the ALX rods Toadface for frogs. I have one for hollow and the other for Ribbit type frogs. They work in the thickest grass in rayurn and Toledo. what I like about them is the whole rod loads well which is good for braid. They also double up as a good c-rig rod or rattle trap rod for me in winter. :big grin:

Abu Daimano
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Abu Daimano » Mon May 16, 2016 1:34 am

Evergreen Tactics Pitchin' Frog is a monster, love it for all types of frogging

Teal101
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by Teal101 » Mon May 16, 2016 2:18 am

basscattrent wrote:
Teal101 wrote:
cndbasshunter wrote:
masterbass wrote:I really love the XX perfect pitch.
X3

Honestly does it all when it comes to frogs.

I am guessing that means it kicks butt even through the thickest of grass as I fish a pond that is overloaded with grass, truly you hook up and then you are pulling in a ton of grass. I just ordered a Ninja Grass Blade to help me plow through the Jungle. Any extra info appreciated on this rod and other full handled frog rods appreciated.
Same ratings as the Amart Flip, just in a shorter package. It is a heavy cover beast.

hungry_cow
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by hungry_cow » Mon May 16, 2016 2:22 am

Really like the NRX 893 as a lighter cover frog rod

basscattrent
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by basscattrent » Mon May 16, 2016 12:42 pm

Thanks for the info guys I got a little antsy last night and pulled the plug on a Dobyns Champion Extreme DX746C. I got a smoking :big grin: deal on BBC and I hope this rod will do the job. I have been using a Dobyns Champion 795 :lol: with a Blue I'ze fACTORY TDZ since I did not have a frog rod. I am blown away by how far that setup could throw a frog which makes me ](*,) think twice about having a longer Frog rod when I am not in open water trying to walk the frog and need a super long cast. Man do I need help :oops: again