Abu Ike rods, Fenwick Lunkerstick

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
BigAl23
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Abu Ike rods, Fenwick Lunkerstick

Post by BigAl23 » Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:44 pm

Was at a local store yesterday that has a decent fishing dept and saw a couple of rods not expensive. First was the Abu Ike baitcasting rod. It was very light and had a nice balance to it. Price was $119. Anyone try these?

Secondly was a new Fenwick Lunkerstick spinning rod. It was a medium moderate action and has just the right parabolic bend for throwing senkos. Rod was really reasonable for $80. How about it?

Thanks

fishballer06
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Abu Ike rods, Fenwick Lunkerstick

Post by fishballer06 » Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:50 pm

I'm a big fan of the Abu Ike series rods. Excellent rods for the money and very under priced if you ask me. Below is a review I wrote on the 7' M spinning rod from that series. I have since picked up the 7'2" MH-F power series casting rod. Talk about an awesome jig rod. It's got the perfect about of power, and the right about of tip needed for fishing 3/8-1/2oz jigs. I haven't used anything heavier with it yet, but it should handle a 3/4oz just fine as well. I highly recommend these rods.

http://tackletour.net/viewtopic.php?f=6 ... 6f#p538330