13 fishing ambition/kids rods

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
sqhertz
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

13 fishing ambition/kids rods

Post by sqhertz » Sun May 08, 2016 10:50 am

Does anyone or their kids have one? After seeing my 5 yo daughter cast my 7' spinning rod with little trouble, I think it's time to get here away from spin casting.
I figure I could pair the ambition with a Sedona 1000 or pflueger president and call it a day but I've never seen the rod in person. I've seen rods for that price that are garbage and others that prove to be a great value. I'm hoping it's the latter.
Thanks

sqhertz
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: 13 fishing ambition/kids rods

Post by sqhertz » Sat May 21, 2016 5:55 am

An update.

Got an ambition with a 6925 for my kid and she loves it. Went out for a few but the rain came shortly after so we will be out there tomorrow and hopefully get into some fish.

angry john
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by angry john » Wed May 25, 2016 12:18 pm

Kids rods and reels are hard to find. Updates would be great!

sqhertz
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by sqhertz » Sun May 29, 2016 8:18 am

We went out for a few the other day but the rain made it a short trip.
I got to take it out today myself with my casting rod and couldn't get the fish to take what I brought for the ambition.
However...
It casts weights within its rated range well. Sensitivity is great for a $30 rod but it is still a $30 rod. The blank is crisp enough and the grip comfortable for my adult hands. My daughter had no problem getting a solid grip when she fished it.
No excess epoxy and thread work is acceptable. Guides look cheap but work fine. I have braid on the reel and so far no signs of grooving.
The blue accents are a nice touch. Not sure how to feel about the 'make your own luck' but it doesn't bother me.
I'd recommend it.

Warhawk
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Warhawk » Sun May 29, 2016 12:29 pm

I picked up a couple of them in 4.5 and 5 feet. My plan was to use them for shooting docks. They are rated as ultra lights, but have a lot more backbone than other ultralights I own. I have mine paired with 1000 series reels, they are dandy little rods for bream and crappie, and small bass.

Butane
Angler
Angler

Post by Butane » Mon May 30, 2016 4:19 am

They are rated medium for the 5' and ML for the 4'6" I bought one for my (rather short) sister. She has problems with rod butts being too long and being uncomfortable for fishing. Rod works good, caught some pretty large freshwater drum on it. Paired with a Pflueger Supreme in 25 size if I'm not mistaken.