ICast preview, look at new GLX

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: ICast preview, look at new GLX

Post by LowRange » Sat Jul 09, 2016 5:38 am

Man If they're going to make it that ugly then why even bother with proper grips. They should have just put the grandpa grips on it and been done with it.

KP Duty
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by KP Duty » Sat Jul 09, 2016 3:58 pm

triple_illusion wrote:](*,) tiny hint of the right idea but poorly implemented. let me design it already!
I agree with this. Somebody needs to break into the loomis factory and burn all those dark cork rings.

Tim Kelly
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Tim Kelly » Sat Jul 09, 2016 4:28 pm

ST Croix and Loomis appear incapable of building a rod how people might want them!. I suppose they have to make it look appealing on the shelf, which is what leads to daft colours and weird handle builds, but the very way they build them puts me off buying them. As I can't buy Loomis blanks I guess I will never know what it's like to fish a Loomis.

JTinKC
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by JTinKC » Sat Jul 09, 2016 9:46 pm

Tim Kelly wrote:ST Croix and Loomis appear incapable of building a rod how people might want them!. I suppose they have to make it look appealing on the shelf, which is what leads to daft colours and weird handle builds, but the very way they build them puts me off buying them. As I can't buy Loomis blanks I guess I will never know what it's like to fish a Loomis.
Try one of the new legend elites. They are very nicely done.

Tim Kelly
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Tim Kelly » Sun Jul 10, 2016 1:43 am

The reel seat, on the spinning rods, is upside down for me. I don't like having the threads under the heel of my hand.

IlliniDawg01
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by IlliniDawg01 » Sun Jul 10, 2016 2:00 am

JTinKC wrote:
Tim Kelly wrote:ST Croix and Loomis appear incapable of building a rod how people might want them!. I suppose they have to make it look appealing on the shelf, which is what leads to daft colours and weird handle builds, but the very way they build them puts me off buying them. As I can't buy Loomis blanks I guess I will never know what it's like to fish a Loomis.
Try one of the new legend elites. They are very nicely done.
Agreed! If I had the money I would own at least one of those for sure.

DaveJ

Chode
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Chode » Mon Jul 11, 2016 4:15 am

21farms wrote:Image
a "fade paint process within the butt section"? i dunno about that or the carbon fiber band on the rear grip or the blue accent stripes. looks like one person designed the rod from the grip forward while someone else designed the rest.
i guess they put that section in the butt to better balance the rod. i agree it doesnt really match but i wonder how they feel :-k

Hulkster
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Hulkster » Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:17 pm

its worth noting that for the E6X series which I imagine has been selling very well, they have both full grip and split grip models.

also, they use fuji reel seats too.

so they CAN get it right. for example, I love the full grip cork handle and fuji components on my E6X MBR843C.

they just chose not to this time LOL

slayer_85
Angler
Angler

Post by slayer_85 » Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:39 pm

KP Duty wrote:
triple_illusion wrote:](*,) tiny hint of the right idea but poorly implemented. let me design it already!
I agree with this. Somebody needs to break into the loomis factory and burn all those dark cork rings.
Ahah! Totally agree..

cndbasshunter
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by cndbasshunter » Tue Jul 12, 2016 12:01 pm

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

Jrob
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Jrob » Tue Jul 12, 2016 12:13 pm

I like! Figured the mag bass stuff would stay full cork handle.

KP Duty
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by KP Duty » Tue Jul 12, 2016 3:56 pm

Mag bass looks way better. It doesn't look like grandpa hit the shine and got carried away with the burled cork rings. Those were my initial thoughts when I first saw the green models anyway.

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:31 pm

I'm actually excited to get the chance to fish some of the new GLX rods very soon. I'm more interested in how the blanks feel and fish than anything else in this series. There is a new MBR 842 GLX as well, and yes, the MBR series are full grip as are the FLIP PUNCH rods. The Tackle Trap has them up on the site and is taking pre-orders on these, as well as a few other choice ICAST intros \:D/

http://tackletrap.com/index.php?main_pa ... 1_1236_237

cndbasshunter
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by cndbasshunter » Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:52 pm

bronzefly wrote:I'm actually excited to get the chance to fish some of the new GLX rods very soon. I'm more interested in how the blanks feel and fish than anything else in this series. There is a new MBR 842 GLX as well, and yes, the MBR series are full grip as are the FLIP PUNCH rods. The Tackle Trap has them up on the site and is taking pre-orders on these, as well as a few other choice ICAST intros \:D/

not sure about the spinning handle yet, but definitely better than the current glx spinning.

Hennessy
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Hennessy » Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:50 pm

bronzefly wrote:I'm actually excited to get the chance to fish some of the new GLX rods very soon. I'm more interested in how the blanks feel and fish than anything else in this series. There is a new MBR 842 GLX as well, and yes, the MBR series are full grip as are the FLIP PUNCH rods. The Tackle Trap has them up on the site and is taking pre-orders on these, as well as a few other choice ICAST intros \:D/

Wow a 892c! This is a rod I'd dream of BUT in the nrx lineup :doh: . Is there any talks of new nrx models?